POMS 2013 : 24th Annual POMS Conference
Call For Papers
Theme: Integrating Practice in POM Research and Teaching
About the Conference
Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) is an international professional organization representing the interests of POM professionals from around the world. The purposes of the Society are:
• to extend and integrate knowledge that contributes to the improved understanding and practice of production and operations management (POM);
• to disseminate information on POM to managers, scientists, educators, students, public and private organizations, national and local governments, and the general public; and
• to promote the improvement of POM and its teaching in public and private manufacturing and service organizations throughout the world
The society’s web page may be found at: http://www.poms.org/
The purpose of the conference is to share academic research through a series of paper presentations. Thus, the majority of participants are faculty at colleges and universities.
About our Venue in Denver
Our conference hotel is the Denver Marriott City Center located in the heart of Denver, Colorado, U.S.A. The hotel is magnificently situated in the heart of downtown Denver with easy access to the Rocky Mountains. It is within walking distance of top attractions including Coors Field, Pepsi Center, the Denver Performing Arts Center, and the 16th Street Pedestrian Mall.
Who May Participate
Researchers working in the area of operations management (OM) from academia, government, industry and research establishments as well as students are invited to submit papers, proposals for symposia, tutorials, and/or workshops on current topics in OM
• Monday, Nov 12, 2012: Abstract Submission opens.
• Friday, Nov 30, 2012: Deadline to submit proposals for tutorials, workshops, symposia, and panel discussions.
• Friday, December 7, 2012: Emerging Scholars and Doctoral Students Consortium Information available.
• Friday, January 18, 2013: Deadline for Abstract Submission.
• Friday, January 25, 2013: Deadline for communicating abstract acceptance.
• Saturday, January 26: Full Length Paper Submission opens.
• Wednesday, January 30: Online Registration opens.
• Friday, February 15, 2013: Preliminary Schedule posted online.
• Friday, February 15, 2013: Deadline for Full Length Paper Submission.
• Friday, February, 22, 2013: Deadline for communicating full length paper acceptance.
• Friday, March 22, 2013: Abstracts deleted if presenter is not registered.
• Friday, March 29, 2013: Final Schedule posted online.
• Wednesday, April 3, 2013: Online Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. EDT (U.S.)
• Wednesday, April 17, 2013: Last day for full refunds of registration fees.
• Wednesday, May 1, 2013: Last day for partial (50%) refunds of registration fees.
• Friday, May 3, 2013 and after: No refunds of registration fees.
Friday, February 25, 2013: Preliminary Schedule posted online.
Friday, March 22, 2013: Abstracts deleted and removed from the schedule if presenter is not registered.
Friday, March 29, 2013: Final Schedule posted online.
Friday, December 7, 2012: Emerging Scholars Information available.
Friday, January 25, 2013: Doctoral Students Consortium Information available.