Med-e-Tel 2011 : Med-e-Tel - the international eHealth, telemedicine and healthcare forum for education, networking and business
Call For Papers
Join us at Med-e-Tel 2011 (6-8 April 2011) and actively participate in the educational and information program of seminars, workshops, demonstrations and interactive panel discussions on eHealth, Telemedicine and ICT applications in medicine, health and social care. Supported by a wide range of national and international associations and institutions, this three day meeting and networking event brings together stakeholders and leading experts from around the world to present and share recent achievements and developments in the field. Past editions of Med-e-Tel were also accredited (by the European Union of Medical Specialists) to give up to 18 hours of CME (Continuing Medical Education) for medical professionals. Accreditation for Med-e-Tel 2011 is being applied for.
The areas covered in the Med-e-Tel 2011 conference program include (but are not strictly limited to):
* Bio-informatics and bio-medical technologies
* Cost-benefit studies
* Disease management and patient compliance
* eHealth and telemedicine implementation in low resource settings
* eHealth integration into routine medical practice
* eHealth master plan development for developing countries
* Elderly care, services for the ageing
* eLearning, distance education
* Electronic health records, personal health records
* Facilitating collaboration among existing projects and applications
* Health and wellness promotion
* Legal and ethical aspects
* Market trends
* Medical informatics
* Mobile/wireless healthcare
* Opportunities for and barriers to eHealth and telemedicine implementation
* Open source software in healthcare
* Reimbursement issues
* Remote patient monitoring, homecare applications
* Secure data transmission, privacy issues
* Smart homes and independent living
* Standardization and interoperability
* Strategies for the future
* Telemedicine applications in cardiology, dermatology, radiology, wound care, and other medical disciplines
* Telemental health
* Telenursing and nursing informatics
* Telepsychology, telepsychiatry
* Telerehabilitation, cybertherapy
* Venture capital and investment opporunities
Presentation proposals on the above and other relevant topics for inclusion into the Med-e-Tel conference program are welcome. We encourage contributions on practical experiences, business cases, projects, pilots, and research activities. Through the presentations, the expo and the extensive networking opportunities, attendees will have unmatched possibilities to gather the latest news from leaders in the field and to establish new professional relationships.
The conference program is spread over the three days of the event. Click here for a general schedule. A more detailed schedule will become available towards early 2011.
See http://www.medetel.eu/index.php?rub=educational_program&page=abstract_submission for the online abstract submission form and follow the guidelines (note: text of the abstract should be limited to max. 2500 characters; plain text only, no images or tables, no bullets, etc.). All abstracts should be submitted using this online form. Abstract submission deadline is Friday, December 10, 2010.
Presentations can be done either orally or as a poster. If you prefer to submit a poster presentation please indicate this at the end of the abstract submission form.
Oral presentations are in English only. Each author will have 10 minutes to present plus 4 minutes for Q&A. A computer (running on Windows, with Microsoft PowerPoint) will be available in the conference rooms. Once your abstract has been accepted, your PowerPoint presentation should be submitted by the deadline of 15 March 2011 and will be uploaded in advance onto the conference room computers.
If you prefer to present your submission as a poster, click here for the poster preparation instructions. You can also download a poster template.
Accepted abstracts will be published on the Med-e-Tel website.
Full papers of accepted abstracts will be published (if received by the deadline date of January 31, 2011) in the Med-e-Tel 2011 Proceedings (CD-ROM) that will be available by the time of the event, and also in the book "Global Telemedicine and eHealth Updates: Knowledge Resources, Vol. 4" if approved anonymously by independent reviewers.
Click here for full paper submission guidelines.
In addition, PowerPoint presentations will also be published on the Med-e-Tel website after the event.
1 August 2010
Call for Abstracts opens
10 December 2010
Abstract submission deadline
17 December 2010
Notification of acceptance
31 January 2011
Deadline for camera-ready submission of full text papers
18 February 2011
Deadline for registration and payment for speakers
Click here to register
15 March 2011
Deadline for submitting PowerPoint presentations
6-8 April 2011
* There is a special registration fee for speakers.
* Maximum two presentations are allowed per one registration fee.
* Abstracts can only be accepted and included in the final program if at least one author has registered and paid by the indicated deadline date for participation at Med-e-Tel 2011.
* If a speaker has registered and paid but due to unforeseen circumstances is not able to actually participate in Med-e-Tel 2011, event materials can only be sent upon request and with additional shipping costs at charge of the speaker.
For further information about Med-e-Tel, to register, for information about special hotel deals, and more, please browse the other sections of this website.
For questions regarding the submission of abstracts and the educational program, please feel free to contact Dr. Malina Jordanova, Educational Program Coordinator, tel: +359 2 979 32 02, or e-mail: email@example.com
For general information regarding Med-e-Tel and sponsorship/exhibition opportunities, please contact Frederic Lievens, International Coordinator, tel: +32 2 269 84 56, mobile: +32 478 59 36 99, fax: +32 2 269 79 53, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Luxembourg in April 2011 for the 9th annual Med-e-Tel event!
Educational Program Coordinator