VCM 2011 : 1st International Conference on Value Chain Management (VCM)
Call For Papers
The Value Chain Management (VCM) Conference presents scientific insights relevant to management as well as their translation into the practice of management. The conference focus is on the demand chain i.e. sales, production, purchasing, logistics, performance measurement and customer value management. Analytical and conceptual articles are welcome as well as empirical studies showing multidisciplinary and intercultural approaches towards solving relevant open problems.
The main topic of the first conference on Value Chain Management is “Modelling Value”. Authors are encouraged to prepare and to submit papers to the following streams: Searching for Value Value Chain Models – Focusing on Future Real World Applications
Stream 1: Searching for Value
How to manage the shift from self-interest of stakeholders to customer perceived value and sustainable economic development of all relevant partners. Furthermore, how to measure value chain performance and how to share the reward among the partners.
Particular interests are:
* Immediate and sustainable customer perceived value
* Performance measurement Added value in the value chain
* Distribution of cost and profit, balancing cash and value
* Communication of value
Stream 2: Value Chain Models – Focusing on Future Real World Applications
How to coordinate, control and monitor networks, actors and processes including aspects of volatility, risk, complexity, hyper competition and the pace of market change.
Particular interests are:
* Modelling the information, decisions, product, money and customer perceived value flow in the value chain
* The anatomy of the value chain and flexible networks
* New approaches to cope with volatility, uncertainty, complexity, hyper competition and speed
In addition the decision making process in a network which bears in mind the interplay of individual behavioural aspects as well as the utilization of information and communication technology can be addressed.
We kindly ask you to complete conference registration, extended abstract and full paper submission online at our website www.vcm-conference.com.
* November 1st, 2010: Submission deadline extended abstract
(limited to 5,000 characters with spaces)
* November 15th, 2010: Notification of abstract acceptance
* January 15th, 2011: Early Bird registration deadline
* January 15th, 2011: Full paper submission deadline
(mandatory: acceptance of abstract is required)
* March 15th, 2011: Notification of full paper acceptance
* April 15th, 2011: Registration deadline & Deadline for submission of power-point presentations