SfP 2020 : Software for the Past: Digital Technologies to Study the Past and Present
Call For Papers
Kinneret Academic College presents
Software for the Past (SfP): Digital Technologies to Study the Past and Present
Advances in archiving technologies, image processing, deep learning, and augmented reality have transformed the experience and understanding of the past. Such technologies enable researchers to better understand historical cultures, events, and peoples. They also enable immersive historical, anthropological, and archaeological experiences for tourism and education.
We welcome abstracts and extended abstracts on the design and implementation of new technology tools to study the past and present and results gained from use of such tools The conference will address multiple topics and periods. The focus will be on application of new digital technologies to the fields of history and archaeology. We are looking for diverse case studies from all over the world. Preference will be given to those technical approaches that have wider applications and that show promise for general use.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
· Historical GIS (geographic information systems)
· 3D modelling of archaeology and heritage
· Augmented reality and virtual reality for history and archaeology
· New technologies for rural and environmental history and archaeology
· Web-based virtual museums
· Application of databases for historical analysis
· Tools for open source historical data analysis
· Novel historical and archaeological results from use of new technologies
· Using new technologies for community outreach about historical and archaeological sites and events
· Application of deep learning and artificial intelligence for historical and archaeological analysis
· Software architectures and tools for immersive historical and archaeological experiences
· New technology tools for virtual reality tourism and education
Abstracts should be 250-300 words in English. Extended abstracts should be 700-1100 words in English. Submissions must include the name(s) of the authors and their affiliations.
The conference will take place virtually.
Abstract/Extended abstract submission: October 23, 2020
Author notification: November 13, 2020
Conference: December 8, 2020
Dr. Michael J. May, Software Engineering, Kinneret Academic College, ISRAEL
Dr. Efrat Kantor, Land of Israel Studies, Kinneret Academic College, ISRAEL
Dr. Mechael Osband, Land of Israel Studies, Kinneret Academic College, ISRAEL
Submissions address: email@example.com