MAW 2011 : The Fourth International Symposium on Mining and Web
Call For Papers
As the Web has become a major source of information, techniques and methodologies to extract quality information is of paramount importance for many Web applications and users. Data mining and knowledge discovery play key roles in many of today’s prominent Web applications such as e-commerce and computer security.
Following the success of MAW08 in Okinawa Japan, MAW09 in Bradford UK, and MAW10 in Perth Australia, MAW11 aims to bring together scientists, engineers, and practitioners to discuss, exchange ideas, and present their research on mining the Web. Topics of interest that MAW10 covers include general mining techniques and methodologies, as well as their application to the Web (but are not limited to):
* Text, Data, and Media Mining
* Natural Language Processing
* Information Retrieval and Knowledge Discovery
* Social Networks and On-Line Communities
* Information Categorisation, Clustering, and Fusion
* Web Search, Ranking and Optimisation
* Collaborative Filtering, Personalisation and Recommender Systems
* Semantic Web and Ontology
* Cyber Security, Privacy, and Trust
* e-Technology, e-Government, and e-Learning
* Wikis and Blogs Mining
* Web and Business Intelligence
* Web Evolution and Analytics
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2010 (23:59 PST)
Author Notification On: November 1, 2010
Author Registration Deadline: December 3, 2010
Final Manuscript Due: December 3, 2010
Original full papers of at most 6 (six) pages including figures and references in PDF (Proceedings Style: two columns, single-spaced, 10 font) are solicited.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, if the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present at the conference.
Accepted papers will be published by the Conference Publishing Services (CSP) and archived in the Digital Library. Extended version of selected papers will be considered for publication in several journals.