SI: Networking & Communications ELSEVIER 2020 : Special Issue on Networking and Smart Communications (Array Journal, ELSEVIER)
Call For Papers
The fast advancement in the domain of smart technologies like Internet of Things (IoT) has invoked advanced research and development in the domain of networking and communications. The skyrocketing demand for efficient and reliable communication mechanisms across the globe has generated a strong push in this field of networking and communications. Embracing new generations of mobile networks, 5G and beyond, the call of the hour points to rapid development in networking and communications. A comprehensive ecosystem of smart services is largely based on a diverse set of networks, to enable seamless communication among the stakeholders. Networking for smart communications span across a wide domain, wireless mobile networks on one hand, and allied concepts like Artificial Intelligence, data analytics, network and resource optimizations, on the other hand. Towards achieving smart ubiquitous communication, networking involves a lot of transdisciplinary interactions between architectural designs, protocols, analysis, optimization, and security.
This special issue is aimed at proffering a platform of dialogue between different stakeholders of networking to promote smart communications through highlighting the trending issues, core theoretical designs, implementational aspects, case studies, global challenges, and the future direction of this field.
Array is a new open access journal. As an incentive, all article processing charges (APC) for articles accepted as part of this Special Issue will be waived. Authors will not have to pay any fees for articles accepted in this special issue, and accepted articles will be published free open-access.
Original and high-quality papers are invited from the potential authors. The topics include, but are not limited to:
· Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks, Ad hoc and Opportunistic Networks, Vehicular Networks
· Trust, security, and privacy in wireless mobile networks
· Data storage, data centers and cloud computing in wireless mobile networks
· Mobile networks in Internet of Things (IoT) and Internet of Everything (IoE)
· Content centric networking
· Mobility management and modeling in wireless mobile networks
· Wireless applications, mobile e-commerce, multimedia
· Wireless network architectures
· High performance network virtualization
· Context and location-aware wireless mobile services & applications
· Cross-layer design and optimization for wireless mobile networks
· Multipath communication over wireless mobile networks
· Mobile networks — 5G, 6G and beyond
· Wireless & mobile network management and data services
· Network design and customization
· Artificial Intelligence in networking resource optimizations
· Predictive analytics and predictive maintenance in networking
· Energy-saving and QoE-oriented applications
When submitting your manuscript please select the article type “VSI: Smart Communications”. Please submit your manuscript before the submission deadline.
All submissions deemed suitable to be sent for peer review will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. Once your manuscript is accepted, it will go into production, and will be simultaneously published in the current regular issue and pulled into the online Special Issue. Articles from this Special Issue will appear in different regular issues of the journal, though they will be clearly marked and branded as Special Issue articles.
Please see an example here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/science-of-the-total-environment/special-issue/10SWS2W7VVV
Please ensure you read the Guide for Authors before writing your manuscript. The Guide for Authors and the link to submit your manuscript is available on the Journal’s homepage.
Prof. Parag Chatterjee
Universidad de la República, Uruguay & Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, Argentina
Dr. Osamah Ibrahim Khalaf
Al-Nahrain University, Iraq
Dr. Kingsley A. Ogudo
University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Dr. Meirambek Kazimovich Zhaparov
Suleyman Demirel University, Kaskelen, Kazakhstan