NG-RES 2021 : Workshop on Next Generation Real-Time Embedded Systems
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
NG-RES 2021: Second Workshop on Next Generation Real-Time Embedded Systems
January 18-20(*), 2021 - Budapest, Hungary
Co-located with HiPEAC 2021
(*) exact date of the workshop within HiPEAC 2021 has not been scheduled yet.
The Organizing Committees of the NG-RES workshop and HiPEAC are aware of the current COVID-19 situation. At this time, HiPEAC is planned to be a normal non-virtual conference. The HiPEAC committee will monitor the situation and potentially change the event to be a virtual conference in the coming months. We will inform you as soon as any news is available.
The NG-RES workshop focuses on real-time embedded systems, with particular emphasis on the distributed and parallel aspects. The workshop is a venue for both the networking and multicore real-time communities aiming at cross-fertilization and multi-disciplinary approaches to the design of embedded systems.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Programming models, paradigms and frameworks for real-time computation on parallel and heterogeneous architectures
- Networking protocols and services (e.g., clock synchronization) for distributed real-time embedded systems
- Scheduling and schedulability analysis for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- System-level sofware and technologies (e.g. RTOSs, hypervisors, separation kernels, virtualization) for parallel and heterogenous architectures
- Application of formal methods to distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- Compiler-assisted solutions for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
- Middlewares for distributed and/or parallel real-time systems
The workshop welcomes contributions presenting original research, contributions from the industry and position papers for European research projects.
- Paper submission: November 3rd, 2020
- Acceptance notification: December 1st, 2020
- Camera ready: December 8th, 2020
Accepted papers will be published in the OpenAccess Series in Informatics.
* Marko Bertogna, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
* Federico Terraneo, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Web and Submission Chair
* Federico Reghenzani, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Alberto Leva, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
* Alessandro Vittorio Papadopoulos, Mälardalen University, Sweden
* Benny K. Akesson, TNO, Netherlands
* Christine Rochange, IRIT, France
* Francisco J. Cazorla, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
* Jaume Abella Ferrer, Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain
* Lucia Lo Bello, University of Catania, Italy
* Luís Almeida, Universidade do Porto, Portugal
* Martina Maggio, Lund University, Sweden
* Marco Solieri, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
* Roberto Cavicchioli, Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy