HCI and Beyond 2021 : Call for Chapter: HCI and Beyond: Advances Towards Smart and Interconnected Environments
Call For Papers
• 𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟒, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
• Abstract review notification: September 11, 2020
• Full paper submission: October 11, 2020
• Full paper review notification: October 30, 2020
• Book publication: First quarter of 2021
This Edited Book by Bentham Science Publishers (𝐖𝐞𝐛 𝐨𝐟 𝐒𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 Indexed - http://wokinfo.com/mbl/publishers/) invites chapters presenting new discoveries, innovative ideas, concepts, theoretical findings, practical solutions, improvements, and novel applications related to the fields of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and its applications in the context of Smart and Interconnected Environments.
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐔𝐒 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Applications of HCI for Smart Homes, Smart Cities, Smart Workplaces and Smart Vehicles
• Design of Technology for special user groups – elderly, children, disabled etc.
• Prototypes of Interactive Systems with a focus on Human-Centered Design
• Applications of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality
• Safety and Security in HCI
• Assistive robotics and automated technologies
• Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Mining in HCI
• Novel works in mobile or web development related to HCI for Smart Environments
• Applications of HCI in healthcare, education, entertainment and games
• Any applications or studies of HCI, UX or related technologies focusing on COVID-19
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞.
Link to publisher's website about this book: https://benthambooks.com/future-books-by-subject/computer-and-information-science/sub-category/networking/
𝐈𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬
• Abstracts should be in the range of 100-300 words and should contain the chapter title, names and affiliations of all the authors (abstracts need not be in the template)
• There is a minimum limit of 8 pages and a maximum limit of 30 pages for each chapter, including all the figures, tables, and references in the above template.
• The text must be in English.
𝐓𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫, 𝐍𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚@𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥.𝐮𝐜.𝐞𝐝𝐮
𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫
Bentham Science (https://benthamscience.com/) is a science, technology, and medical (STM) publisher, providing academic researchers and industrial professionals with the latest information in diverse fields of science and technology. Bentham Science currently publishes more than 100 journals in both electronic and printed formats. Their journals are indexed in recognized indexing agencies, such as Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, MEDLINE/Index Medicus, PubMed, Scopus, Chemical Abstracts, and EMBASE. Bentham has published 800 books so far (https://benthambooks.com/) and they are indexed by Web of Science (http://wokinfo.com/mbl/publishers/) Bentham Science offers a reliable publishing experience to authors from the initial manuscript submission till the final publication, through state of the art publication management system which makes the publication process smooth and timely. With a productive association of 10,000 eminent scientists on the editorial boards, (including Nobel laureates as honorary advisors), Bentham Science provides high-quality peer review services to maintain their standards in publication.
Nirmalya Thakur is associated with the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Cincinnati in Ohio, United States. His research interests have explored the intersections of Human-Computer Interaction, Internet of Things, 5G, Artificial Intelligence, and their applications. He has authored 25 publications in these interrelated fields in the form of conference publications, journal papers and book chapters. He is a keynote speaker and has delivered several keynote addresses and invited presentations at different international conferences all over the world including ICCVDM 2020, BDAW 2020, IHIET 2020, HCII 2020, ICBAIE 2020, IoT 2018, IEMCON 2018, IEEE 5GWF 2018 and CCWC 2018 and several others (https://homepages.uc.edu/~thakurna/)
He has been and is currently associated with several international conferences as a committee member which include – IEEE Globecom 2020, ISAIC 2020, ICCEIC 2020, ICIMA 2020, ICAITA 2020, ICBDSS 2020, AICS 2020, CISAT 2020, ISBDAS 2020, MCIS-5G 2020, ICAIE 2020, AIEA 2020, ISEITCE 2020, ICBAIE 2020, SPCS 2020, ICBDIE 2020, IWAACE 2020 and IEEE SMC 2018.
He is also associated with 12 journals as a reviewer/editor. He serves as a member of several reputed international organizations which include - IEEE, ACM, IDF, AIS, IACSIT and ASDF and 9 IEEE technical committees. He has received several grants, awards and honors in view of his research-based accomplishments which include the Interdisciplinary Research Fellowship, Risk Management Award and funding from the Office of Research at the University of Cincinnati. To honor his breakthrough research in the field of Computer Science, his biography was included for both online and print publication by Marquis Who’s Who last year, who feature the biographies of the most accomplished individuals from different fields from all over the world in their annual publications.