WILE 2020 : 13th Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments
Call For Papers
13th Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments, WILE 2020
October 12th or 13th, 2020 (TBC)
***** Virtual modality *****
Held in collaboration with:
19th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, MICAI 2020
and the support of the:
CONACYT Thematic Network on Applied Computational Intelligence, RedICA (Red Temática en Inteligencia Computacional Aplicada)
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are proud to announce the Thirteenth Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments and we invite you to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Intelligent Learning Environments. Submitted papers can include descriptions of complete, in progress or theoretical research work; case studies and review papers are also encouraged.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together active researchers and students in the field of Intelligent Learning Environments (ILE) so that they can:
• present and discuss innovative theoretical work and original applications,
• exchange ideas,
• establish collaboration links,
• discuss important recent achievements, and
• Talk over the significance of results in the field to AI in general.
In particular, the workshop aims to provide a forum for young researchers to present their ongoing research.
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Intelligent Learning Environments. Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
• Web-based intelligent tutoring systems
• Intelligent learning management systems
• Affective tutoring systems
• Modeling, enactment and intelligent use of emotion and affect
• Natural language and dialogue approaches to ILE design and construction
• Authoring tools in intelligent tutoring systems
• Learning companions
• Applications of cognitive science
• Semantic Web technologies
• Student modeling
• Sentiment analysis on educational applications
• Gamification and game-based learning
• Educational data mining
• Learning analytics
Papers will be accepted for oral presentation at the workshop and included in the proceedings. The publication of proceedings in a journal such as IPN-RCS or SMIA is under arrangements.
**Best Paper Award
For the fifth time, WILE best paper award (diploma) will be granted by the program committee.
• Submission of papers: August 31st, 2020
• Notification of acceptance: September 21st, 2020
• Submission of camera-ready: October 2nd, 2020
• Registration deadline: October 2nd, 2020
• Workshop: October 12th or 13th, 2020 (TBC)
Edition Year Venue Proceedings
2007 Aguascalientes First meeting
1st 2008 Atizapán de Zaragoza Hard copy SMIA issue
2nd 2009 Guanajuato Hard copy SMIA issue
3rd 2010 Pachuca RCS 51 (hard copy)
4th 2011 Puebla RCS 47
5th 2012 SLP RCS 56
6th 2013 Mexico city RCS 65
7th 2014 Tuxtla Gutiérrez RCS 87
8th 2015 Cuernavaca RCS 106
9th 2016 Cancún RCS 129
10th 2017 Ensenada RCS 146
11th 2018 Guadalajara RCS 148(5)
12th 2019 Xalapa RCS 149(1)
Interested parties are invited to submit a technical paper written in English in LNCS Springer style, not exceeding 8 pages. The details of the format can be found at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs. The submissions must not contain authors' names or affiliations. They must not include either any information that may reveal the authors' identities. Submissions which fail to meet these requirements will be rejected without revision.
In order to submit a paper, authors must send an e-mail with the subject: "WILE 2020 Submission" to Ramón Zatarain, Lucía Barrón and Yasmín Hernández (see below for email addresses) with the paper attached in PDF format; the body of the message should contain the following data:
1. Paper title.
2. Authors' names and affiliations.
3. Postal address, e-mail address and phone number of the contact authors.
4. The abstract of the paper.
5. Up to five keywords.
Please contact any of the workshop organizers in case you have any doubt or problem with electronic submissions.
Ramón Zatarain, email@example.com
María Lucía Barrón, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yasmín Hernández, email@example.com
Carlos A. Reyes García, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ramón Zatarain Cabada, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• María Lucía Barrón Estrada, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• Yasmín Hernández Pérez, Inst. Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Carlos A. Reyes García, Inst. Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica, Mexico
• Gustavo Arroyo Figueroa, Inst. Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Giner Alor Hernández, Instituto Tecnológico de Orizaba, Mexico
• Miguel Pérez Ramírez, Instituto Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Jaime Muñoz Arteaga, Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico
• Rafael Morales Gamboa, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico
• Guillermo Santamaría Bonfil, Inst. Nal. de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Carlos Alberto Lara Álvarez, CIMAT Zacatecas, Mexico
• Hugo Arnoldo Mitre Hernández, CIMAT Zacatecas, Mexico
• María Elena Chávez Echeagaray, Arizona State University, USA
• Javier González, Arizona State University, USA
• María Blanca Ibáñez Espiga, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
• Alicia Martínez Rebollar, Cenidet, Mexico
• María Lucila Morales Rodríguez, Instituto Tecnológico de Cd. Madero, Mexico
• Héctor Rodríguez Rangel, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• Julieta Noguez Monroy, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Mexico
• Samuel González López, Instituto Tecnológico de Nogales, Mexico
• Raúl Oramas Bustillos, Universidad Autónoma de Occidente, Mexico
• Francisco González Hernández, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• José Mario Ríos Félix, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• Luis Alberto Morales Rosales, Univ. Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo, Mexico
The workshop will be held in collaboration with MICAI 2020 and the support of the Thematic Network on Applied Computational Intelligence (Red Temática en Inteligencia Computacional Aplicada https://ccc.inaoep.mx/~redica/ of CONACYT, Mexico.
MICAI 2020 will take place this year on October 12th – 17th, 2020 in *****virtual modality*****. Information regarding costs can be found in MICAI 2020 web site http://www.micai.org/2020