WEPO 2020 : Workshop on Evolutionary and Population-based Optimization
Call For Papers
Scope & Topics
The Workshop on Evolutionary and Population-based Optimization (WEPO) 2020, part of the The 19th International Conference of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence (AIxIA 2020, https://aixia2020.di.unito.it) is intended to foster the discussion about Evolutionary Computation (EC) and Population-based Optimization (PO). The goal of WEPO is to explore and discuss the latest trends, promising results and hot topics in the fields of EC and PO, offering a discussion forum where new research collaborations can be established.
WEPO 2020 is directed towards researchers, practitioners, and students that work on or are interested in evolutionary computation (EC) and population-based optimization (PO) methods. Particular emphasis is given to recent advances in the use of EC and PO in the area of explainable AI.
Topics of Interest
* Genetic Algorithms
* Genetic Programming (tree-based, cartesian, graph-based, grammar-based, linear, semantic, and other kinds of GP)
* Evolution Strategies
* Differential Evolution
* Particle Swarm Optimization and other swarm intelligence methods
* Evolutionary robotics
* Distributed methods in EC and swarm intelligence
* Multi-objective optimization in EC and swarm intelligence
* Cooperative and competitive evolution
* Fitness landscape manipulation
* Real-world applications
* Software packages for population-based optimization methods (including implementations for HPC and GPU)
* Paper submission deadline: September 20th, 2020.
* Notification to authors: October 16th, 2020.
* Camera ready submission: October 30th, 2020.
* Video and slides of the presentation: November 10th, 2020.
Authors are invited to submit papers through the EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aixia2020) submission system specifying the WEPO track. All the paper must be formatted according to Springer’s LNCS style. WEPO has three different kinds of submissions:
* Research papers (up to 12 pages)
* Exploratory papers (up to 6 pages)
* Proposals for software demos (up to 2 pages)
All accepted research and exploratory papers will be published in the AIxIA series of the CEUR-WS proceedings. Authors of a selection of accepted research papers will be invited to submit an extended and revised version for publication on a volume by an international publisher.
Selected papers from WEPO 2020, after further revisions, will be published in the International Journal “Intelligenza Artificiale”.
More info about paper submission, evaluation and different type of accepted papers can be found at the WEPO website (http://wepo.inginf.units.it/submission.html).