Ambi-Sys 2011 : 2nd International ICST Conference on Ambient Media and Systems
Conference Series : Ambient Media and Systems
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Ambient media and systems culminate from the emergence of mobile communication, sensor-actuator technology, virtual environments, and interactive computing. They represent the vision of an all-encompassing multimedia networking environment with human interaction at its core. Advances in computer and communication technologies have the potential to offer people an unprecedented level of convenience and flexibility for living and working. Such technologies need to be closely integrated with human interactions and activity, allowing greater support for smart solutions that improve quality of life, productivity, understanding, and intelligence within their situated environment. AMBI-SYS 2010 focuses on emerging technologies, services and solutions for new, human-centric intelligent ambient environments.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following focus areas:
* Media and Content Provision, which is defined to cover integration of multimedia within ambient systems, multimedia processing, distribution and integration, provision and acquisition of ambient information, privacy, trust, accountability and dependability, cognition, intelligence, ambience, adaptivity, self-organization and evolution, multimedia and intelligent agents.
* Communications and Networking, which will be covering wireless communication, ambient sensors, actuators and networking, quality of service and system performance, digital home and smart living, evolve-able and adaptive pervasive systems, scalability, integration, and ubiquity.
* Human Interface and Interaction, which covers topics including haptic immersive environments, vision and recognition, visualization and display, sensor perception technologies, context awareness, system personalization, system and human collaboration, multimodal interaction, brain-computer interfaces, augmented reality.
* Intelligence and Automation, which focuses on topics such as ambient intelligence, services, delivery, applications and smart solutions, multimedia knowledge management, acquisition and data fusion, detection and knowledge elicitation, prediction and self-learning, middleware, human-computer interaction in technology-rich environments, intelligence and automation, automatic behavioral analysis.
* Applications of Ambient Systems including ambient assisted living, persuasive ambient media systems, domotics, intelligent spaces, mobile computing.
Accepted papers will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering (LNICST) series.
Detailed submission and formatting instructions are available at http://ambi-sys.org/2011/submission.shtml
We invite researchers to submit workshop proposals in the above mentioned or related categories. To propose a workshop or discuss ideas, please visit: http://ambi-sys.org/2011/cfp.shtml#workshops
Workshop proposal deadline: 15 October 2010
Paper submission deadline: 30 November 2010
Notification of acceptance: 15 January 2011
Camera-ready deadline: 11 February 2011