UCC 2020 : 13th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC2020)
Conference Series : Utility and Cloud Computing
Call For Papers
13th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC2020)
December 7-10, 2020 – Leicester, United Kingdom
CONTEXT & SCOPE
Cloud computing has firmly established itself as an indispensable utility for the digital age. Cloud services consumers expect and rely on sufficient computing power, the availability of data and media, and that these will be accessible across a range of devices.
The expectation now is that Cloud services providers are capable of maintaining streamed services that are always available. Also, social and technological challenges are met with the development and adoption of new technologies that provide a safer, more secure, and richer digital experience for users and customers. Therefore, it is essential that sound scientific principles underpinning cloud technology and its economic value to both service providers and consumers are expressed and understood.
UCC2020 is the premier IEEE/ACM conference for areas related to Cloud Computing as a Utility and provides an international forum for leading researchers and practitioners in this important and growing field.
UCC2020 will be hosted at the University of Leicester, UK. The city of Leicester is a major city in the middle of country and is well connected to the rest of the world with road, rail and air networks.
This will be the 13th UCC in a successful conference series of community-driven events. Previous events were held in Shanghai, China (Cloud 2009), Melbourne, Australia (Cloud 2010 & UCC 2011), Chennai, India (UCC 2010), Chicago, USA (UCC 2012), Dresden, Germany (UCC2013), London, UK (UCC 2014), Limassol, Cyprus (UCC 2015), Shanghai, China (UCC 2016), Austin, Texas, USA (UCC 2017), Zürich, Switzerland (UCC 2018) and Aucland, New Zealand(UCC 2019).
UCC2020 is co-located with BDCAT 2020 and offers a technical programme, workshops, tutorials, doctoral symposium, and cloud challenge.
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research manuscripts in all areas of Cloud and Utility Computing.
Topic of interest include (but not limited to):
• Formal aspects of cloud technology
• Integration of Cloud systems with edge and IoT devices
• Cloud, Fog and edge/mobile devices management, hierarchy models, and business models
• High Performance Computing and the Cloud
• Networking for clouds and data centres
• Distributed Ledger Technologies and Blockchains
• Architectural models to achieve Utility in Clouds
• Cloud business and legal implications beyond technology
• Cloud Computing middleware, stacks, tools, delivery networks and services at all layers (XaaS)
• Cloud large-scale foundations for Big Data, IoT, and real-time analytics
• Cloud management: autonomic, adaptive, self-*, SLAs, and monitoring
• Cloud-native application design and engineering
• Designs and deployment models for Clouds: private, public, hybrid, federated, aggregated
• Economic and business models of Clouds and services
• Innovative cloud applications and experiences
• AI and machine learning models for Cloud Computing
• Mobile and energy-efficient use of Clouds
• Performance analysis and modelling of cloud systems and applications
• Policy languages and programming models
• Principles and theoretical foundations of Utility Computing
• Resource management and scalability: brokering, scheduling, capacity planning, and elasticity
• Security, trust and privacy in Clouds
• Utility-driven platforms for Clouds
• Utility-driven models and mechanisms for interclouds / federations
• Virtualization, containerization, composition, orchestration and other enablers
Manuscript Guidelines and Submission
Submitted manuscripts must represent original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Manuscripts are submitted in PDF format and may not exceed ten single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages, including figures, tables, and references. Please refer to http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template for templates and complete formatting instructions.
Manuscripts are submitted via the Easychair Conference Management System: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ucc2020
All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, rigour in analysis, quality of results, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees.
The conference proceedings will be published by the ACM and made available online via the ACM Digital Library and IEEE Digital Library.
Awards and Special Issues
A selection commission chaired by the UCC2020 technical programme committee will select and acknowledge the best paper and the best student paper to receive an award during the conference.
Authors of highly rated papers from UCC2020 will be invited to submit an extended version to special issues of prestigious journals. Details will be announced soon.
• Paper Submissions Due: August 31 2020
• Notification of Acceptance: October 1, 2020
• Camera-ready papers due: October 20, 2020
• Early+author registration Deadline: October 20, 2020
• Conference: December 7-10, 2020