MDPI Coatings SI-Plasma 2020 : *20% Discount*SCIE indexed Journal Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412, IF2.436, Q2) - SI: Plasma Sprayed Coatings - Edited by Prof. Dr. Robert B. Heimann
Call For Papers
★Coatings (ISSN 2079-6412, SCIE indexed, IF2.436, Q2)
★Special Issue "Plasma Sprayed Coatings"
★Call for papers★
The last couple of decades have brought exciting breakthroughs in the utilization of plasmas to design a diverse range of materials and engineered coatings and interfaces. Today, plasmas are widely employed to modify the surface properties of materials without changing their bulk properties. Examples include sensing, the food and packaging industry, medicine, agriculture, printable electronics, energy harvesting, transportation, and applications in numerous areas of everyday life. Many of these materials, coatings, and interfaces are unique and cannot easily be derived by conventional techniques. From this point of view, this Special Issue aims to bring together the latest advances in the fields of plasma engineering of interfaces, coatings, and structures and their application in various fields. We invite investigators to contribute original research articles, as well as review articles that will inspire research towards the next generation of plasma-derived materials and their applications. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- chemical and physical reactions in thermal and non-thermal plasmas;
- modeling of plasmas and their interaction with materials;
- plasma-assisted thin film deposition;
- plasma etching and surface engineering;
- plasma electrolytic oxidation (PEO);
- plasma texturing of surfaces;
- plasma functionalization of surfaces;
- plasma-derived nanoscale coatings;
- applications of plasma-derived materials and engineered surfaces;
- properties and performance of plasma-sprayed coatings: corrosion, mechanical, tribological, catalytic, biomedical, and/or electric evaluation.
Prof. Dr. Robert Heimann
★When you choose Coatings, you benefit from:
- High visibility: indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), Scopus and Inspec (IET);
- Owning the full copyright to your work, and your article is free to read for anyone at any time;
- A rapid publication process: manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 13.1 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.9 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the second half of 2020).
★Article Processing Charges★
Coatings is fully open access. Open access (unlimited and free access by readers) increases publicity and promotes more frequent citations, as indicated by several studies. Open access is supported by the authors and their institutes. The Article Processing Charges (APC) for accepted papers are CHF 1600. You may be entitled to a discount if you have previously received a discount code in MDPI or if your institute is participating in the MDPI Institutional Open Access Program (IOAP), for more information see: http://www.mdpi.com/about/ioap.
For this special invitation, we would like to offer you a *20% discount* on APC. We hope that you choose to take advantage of this offer and look forward to collaborating with you.
To submit to the Special Issue, please click here:
For further details on the submission process, please see the instructions for authors at the journal website (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/coatings/instructions).
The submission deadline is 31 March 2021. All papers accepted for publication will be published immediately.
Mr. Raynor Zhou