GCE 2010 : Gateway Computing Environments - workshop in IEEE / ACM SC10 - Call for Papers
Call For Papers
Gateway Computing Environments 2010 Call for Papers:
Scientific portals and gateways are important components of many large-scale Grid and Cloud
computing projects. They are characterized by Web-based environments, which include, but are not
limited to, user interfaces and services that securely access Grid and Cloud resources, data,
applications, and collaboration environments for communities of scientists. As a result, the scientific
portals and gateways provide both a user-centric and a community-centric view (with social
networking) of the cyber infrastructure.
Web technologies evolve rapidly, and trends such as Cloud Computing are changing the way many
scientific users expect to interact with cyberinfrastructure resources. Academic clouds are being created
using open source cloud technologies. Important Web standards such as Open Social, OpenID, and
OAuth are changing the way Web portals are built, shared, and secured. It is the goal of the GCE
workshop series to provide a venue for researchers to present pioneering, peer-reviewed work on the
above discussed and other related topics to the international science gateway community.
Topics of interest include the following:
* Integration of Web 2.0 technologies with science gateways;
* Gateways to cloud computing services;
* Applications of virtual world technologies to science and education gateways;
* Social networks for scientific communities;
* Grid portals and gateways deployments, including User Portals, Application Portals, Science
Gateways, Education Portals, User interface/usability studies;
* Design and architecture of Grid portals, portal containers, and gateways;
* Tools and frameworks that make developing Grid Portals and gateways easier;
* Portal security models and solutions;
* Middleware solutions in support of scientific portals and Gateways including Web Services, workflow
and mashup composers and engines, and similar capabilities;
* Non-browser gateways: desktops and mobile computing gateways; and
* Summary and survey papers.
See http://www.collab-ogce.org/gce10 for additional information.