ICEIS 2011 : 13th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems
Conference Series : International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems
Call For Papers
Conference name: 13th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS)
Venue: Beijing, China
Event Date: 7 - 10, June 2011
The purpose of the 13th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS) is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in the advances and business applications of information systems. Five simultaneous tracks will be held, covering different aspects of Enterprise Information Systems Applications, including Enterprise Database Technology, Systems Integration, Artificial Intelligence, Decision Support Systems, Information Systems Analysis and Specification, Internet Computing, Electronic Commerce and Human Factors.
ICEIS focuses on real world applications; therefore authors should highlight the benefits of Information Technology for industry and services. Ideas on how to solve business problems, using IT, will arise from the conference. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of ICEIS. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. Both full research reports and work-in-progress reports are welcome. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Workshops, providing a more interactive and focused platform for presenting and discussing new and emerging ideas or special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentation are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. DATABASES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
2. ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS
3. INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND SPECIFICATION
4. SOFTWARE AGENTS AND INTERNET COMPUTING
5. HUMAN-COMPUTER INTERACTION
AREA 1: DATABASES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
* › Coupling and Integrating Heterogeneous Data Sources
* › Enterprise Resource Planning
* › Middleware Integration
* › Legacy Systems
* › Organisational Issues on Systems Integration
* › Distributed Database Applications
* › Object-Oriented Database Systems
* › Enterprise-Wide Client-Server Architecture
* › Database Security and Transaction Support
* › Data Warehouses
* › Multimedia Database Applications
* › Web Databases
* › Mobile Databases
* › Software Engineering
* › Software Measurement
AREA 2: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS
* › Intelligent Agents
* › Industrial Applications of Artificial Intelligence
* › Strategic Decision Support Systems
* › Group Decision Support Systems
* › Applications of Expert Systems
* › Advanced Applications of Fuzzy Logic
* › Advanced Applications of Neural Network
* › Natural Language Interfaces to Intelligent Systems
* › Bayesian Networks
* › Evolutionary Programming
* › Coordination in Multi-Agent Systems
* › Intelligent Social Agents and Distributed Artificial Intelligence Applications
* › Intelligent Tutoring Systems
* › Datamining
* › Case-Based Reasoning Systems
* › Knowledge-based Systems Engineering
* › Knowledge Management
AREA 3: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS AND SPECIFICATION
* › Systems Engineering Methodologies
* › Information Engineering Methodologies
* › Organisational Semiotics
* › Semiotics in Computing
* › Requirements Analysis
* › Ontology Engineering
* › Modelling Formalisms, Languages, and Notations (e.g. UML, ER variants)
* › CASE Tools for System Development
* › Modelling of Distributed Systems
* › Modelling Concepts and Information Integration Tools
* › Business Processes Re-engineering
* › Security, Freedom and Privacy
AREA 4: SOFTWARE AGENTS AND INTERNET COMPUTING
* › B2B and B2C Applications
* › Process Design and Organisational Issues in e-Commerce
* › e-Procurement and Web-based Supply Chain Management
* › Market-spaces: Market Portals, Hubs, Auctions
* › e-Learning and e-Teaching
* › Intranet and Extranet Business Applications
* › Agents for Internet Computing
* › Web Information Agents
* › Case Studies on Electronic Commerce
* › Public Sector Applications of e-Commerce
* › Interactive and Multimedia Web Applications
* › Network Implementation Choices
* › Object Orientation in Internet and Distributed Computing
* › Internet and Collaborative Computing
* › Semantic Web Technologies
* › Wireless and Mobile Computing
* › Agent-Oriented Programming
AREA 5: HUMAN-COMPUTER INTERACTION
* › HCI on Enterprise Information Systems
* › Functional and non-functional Requirements
* › Internet HCI: Web Interfaces and Usability
* › Design Methodology and Cognitive Factors in Design
* › Multimedia Systems
* › Machine perception: vision, speech, other
* › Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
* › Intelligent User Interfaces
* › User Needs
* › Human Factors
* › Accessibility to Disabled Users
* › Geographical Information Systems
* › e-Learning
* › Computer Art
Kecheng Liu, University of Reading, U.K.
Authors should submit an original paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, using the on-line submission procedure. The initial submission must have between 3 to 13 pages otherwise it will be rejected without review. Please check the paper formats page so you may be aware of the accepted paper page limits.
The guidelines for paper formatting provided at the conference web ought to be used for all submitted papers. The preferred submission format is the same as the camera-ready format. Please check and carefully follow the instructions and templates provided. Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
Papers that are out of the conference scope or contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews. Please read INSTICC's ethical norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism.
Remarks about the on-line submission procedure:
1. A "double-blind" paper evaluation method will be used. To facilitate that, the authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper, WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors. This means that is necessary to remove the authors personal details, the acknowledgements section and any reference that may disclose the authors identity.
LaTeX/PS/PDF/DOC/DOCX/RTF format are accepted.
2. The web submission procedure automatically sends an acknowledgement, by e-mail, to the contact author.
Paper submission types:
Regular Paper Submission
A regular paper presents a work where the research is completed or almost finished. It does not necessary means that the acceptance is as a full paper. It may be accepted as a "full paper" (30 min. oral presentation) , a "short paper" (20 min. oral presentation) or a "poster".
Position Paper Submission
A position paper presents an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and worth listening to, without the need to present completed research work and/or validated results. It is, nevertheless, important to support your argument with evidence to ensure the validity of your claims. A position paper may be a short report and discussion of ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research (bibliographic, experimental, theoretical, or other) focused on one of the conference topic areas. The acceptance of a position paper is restricted to the categories of "short paper" or "poster", i.e. a position paper is not a candidate to acceptance as "full paper".
After the reviewing process is completed, the contact author (the author who submits the paper) of each paper will be notified of the result, by e-mail. The authors are required to follow the reviews in order to improve their paper before the camera-ready submission.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in a LNBIP Series book.
The proceedings will be indexed by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index, INSPEC and DBLP. EI already agreed to index the proceedings of ICEIS 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. ICEIS 2009 and 2010 are under evaluation and ICEIS 2011 will be evaluated by EI after their publication.
› Conference date: 07-10 June, 2011
› Regular Paper Submission: January 25, 2011
› Authors Notification (regular papers): March 25, 2011
› Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: April 04, 2011
ICEIS 2011 will be held at the Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) in China. Founded in 1896, Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) is a national key university of China, directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education. It is one of the first key universities authorized by the central government to confer master's and doctoral degrees, and subsequently to confer titles of associate professors, professors and Ph.D. Advisors.
Xuewei Li, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Kecheng Liu, University of Reading, U.K.
Joaquim Filipe, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal / INSTICC, Portugal
Runtong Zhang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Zhenji Zhang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Juliang Zhang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
José Cordeiro, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal / INSTICC, Portugal
General Workshops Co-chairs
Shifeng Liu, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Slimane Hammoudi, ESEO Angers, France
Olivier Camp, ESEO Angers, France
Dan Chang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Yacan Wang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Vitor Pedrosa, INSTICC, Portugal
Bing Zhu, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Hui Du, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Helder Coelhas, INSTICC, Portugal
Local Arrangement Co-chairs
Xiyan Lv, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Jiayi Yao, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
General Special Sessions Co-chairs
Juanqiong Gou, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Guowei Hua, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Jing Li, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Bruno Encarnação, INSTICC, Portugal
Senior Program Committee
Regular Program Committee
Address: Av. D. Manuel I, 27A, 2º esq.
2910-595 Setúbal - Portugal
Tel.: +351 265 520 184
Fax: +44 203 014 8816