Session on HCI, HRI & UX at WMSCI 2020 : Session on Human-Computer, Human-Robot and User Experience Technologies at WMSCI 2020 (SCOPUS Indexed)
Call For Papers
This Special Session at the 24th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI 2020) Conference invites papers presenting new discoveries, innovative ideas, concepts, theoretical findings, practical solutions, improvements, and novel applications related to the fields of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) and User Experience (UX) Design and Research.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Theoretical Foundations in HCI/HRI
• Trust and Acceptance in HCI/HRI
• Usability Studies and Research in Mobile and Web-based Applications
• Design of Technology for special user groups – elderly, children, disabled etc.
• Computer Supported Cooperative Work
• Prototypes of Interactive Systems with a focus on Human-Centered Design
• HCI and HRI in IoT Environments
• Review of technologies related to HCI, HRI and UX
• Safety and Security in HCI and HRI
• User Studies in HRI
• Psychology and User Behavior Research in HCI and HRI
• Applications of HCI and HRI in healthcare, education, entertainment and games
• HRI Studies for Socially Assistive Robots
• Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining and Knowledge Visualization in HCI and HRI
• Any applications or studies of HCI, HRI or UX related to COVID-19
***This is a virtual session so all presentations will be virtual. There is no requirement of in-person attendance at this session.***
All papers accepted for publication at this session would be included in the proceedings of the 24th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI 2020). WMSCI Proceedings have been indexed in SCOPUS since 2005.
**A special issue of the Journal and a printed book (potentially along with an eBook)**
For this invited session, the final version of the papers presented (virtually) at the conference, will also be published in a special issue of the journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (JSCI) which has been indexed by DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), considered a journals’ white list, by the same DOAJ. Consequently, a paper accepted and presented at this invited session will be indexed by SCOPUS (proceedings) and by DOAJ.
If there is no adequate number of papers for a special issue, then the papers will be published in a special session of a regular issue. In any case, there will be no additional charge to the author, because this topic has a financial sponsor.
In the case of the special issue, it will be required from the author of each paper:
1. To change the format two columns (conference proceedings and regular issues of the journal) to one column format which is the one required for special issues and printed books. In this case, the authors will receive the respective guidelines, which will be similar to the one we posted at http://www.iiisci.org/journal/sci/Contents/special-issues-guidelines.pdf. There may be slight changes required by the publisher of printed copies. The will be no additional
2. To assure an adequate final print editing of the final version. We will provide the author with, at least, two options to fulfill this quality assurance, especially related to having corrected grammatical, spelling and mistyping errors.
3. To assure its publication in a multi-author printed books, to be distributed via Amazon, the article should be written, or re-written, for inter-disciplinary communication, i.e. for a multi-disciplinary readership, comparably to the plenary keynote addresses that has always been delivered for a multi-disciplinary audience.