IOT-HSA 2020 : Workshop on Internet of Things based Health Services and Applications, to be held in conjunction with the 10th International Conference of the Internet of Things October 6-9, Malmö
Call For Papers
Mobile phones, smart watches, fitness trackers and a variety of Internet of Things (IoT) smart home devices constantly acquire data about our lives and our bodies. These data can be used to support healthcare and foster healthy and independent living, with potentially enormous benefits to our societies. Along with benefits, important challenges come in terms of quality and meaningfulness of the collected data, usability and long term acceptance, transparency, data protection and trustability. The aim of this workshop is to explore these fundamental questions with researchers and practitioners from academia and industry.
The workshop will be hosted within the 10th International Conference of the Internet of Things, October 6-9, Malmö, Sweden.
List of Topics:
* IoT services and applications for healthcare
* IoT services and applications for independent and assisted living
* Use of IoT in clinical settings
* IoT in tele-health and home monitoring
* Active and Healthy Aging technologies
* Algorithms and methods for gathering clinically-relevant knowledge from IoT devices
* Security, Privacy and Trust in IoT healthcare services and applications
* Clinical trials and pilot studies involving IoT
- The submission has been extended to the 23rd of July the notification for acceptance will be thus moved to the 6th of August.
- The conference will be held entirely online.
- We are arranging a special issue on a related journal where the best papers will be invited to publish an extended version of the paper, more information will be made available on as soon as the arrangements are completed.
Papers must written in English, and contain original material that has not been published or is currently undergoing review elsewhere. Papers should be 4 pages long, including figures and references. They will be reviewed by 3 experts from the Technical Program Committee following a single-blind review process, but chairs will verify quality before review and papers can be desk rejected. Evaluation is based on theoretical and practical relevance, soundness, novelty and potential impact.
Papers are submitted via EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iothsa2020. The format must follow the ACM proceedings template.
* Submissions: extended to 23 July 2020 (was 15 July 2020)
* Notifications of acceptance: extended to 6 August (was 31 July 2020)
* Camera Ready: 15 September 2020
* Workshop: 6 October 2020
Accepted papers will be included as companion proceedings of the main conference track and indexed by ACM.
In order for the paper to be published, at least one author will have to attend the workshop to present their work. Given the current travel restrictions, virtual attendance will be facilitated. See the main conference website for details and any other practical information.
The conference will be held in Malmö, Sweden. See the main conference website (https://iot-conference.org/iot2020) for venue and accommodation.