ReConFig 2010 : International Conference on Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs
Conference Series : Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs
Call For Papers
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 2010 International Conference on Reconfigurable Computing and FPGAs (ReConFig 2010). The fifth ReConFig will be held in Cancun, Mexico, during December 6-8, 2010. Cancun, a world class tourist resort, is located on the Mexican Caribbean.
ReConFig is one of the leading forums in the field. In 2009, more than 130 submissions were received from 32 countries. After a peer-review process, 42 papers were accepted for oral presentation and 35 for poster presentation. ReConFig aims to bring together an appropriate mix of all theoretical and practical aspects of reconfigurable computing and FPGA technology. The conference seeks to promote the use of reconfigurable computing and FPGAs devices for research, education, and applications, covering from hardware architectures and devices to custom computers and high performance systems.
Reconfigurable computing and FPGA technology have become major subjects of research in computing and electrical engineering as they have been identified as powerful alternatives for creating highly efficient computing systems. Reconfigurable computing offers substantial performance improvements when compared against traditional processing architectures via custom design and reconfiguration capabilities. Reconfiguration is characterized by the ability of hardware architectures or devices to rapidly alter the functionalities of its components and the interconnection between them as needed. Existing theoretical models and algorithms combined with commercially available devices, such as FPGAs, make Reconfigurable Computing a very powerful computing paradigm.
ReConFig covers a broad spectrum of topics including, but not limited to:
* Models, methods, tools, and architectures for reconfigurable computing
* Compilation, simulation, debugging, synthesis, verification, and test of reconfigurable systems
* Field programmable gate arrays and other reconfigurable technologies
* Evolvable hardware and dynamic reconfiguration
* Algorithms implemented on reconfigurable hardware
* Reconfigurable computing education
* Reconfigurable computing applications
In addition to the general session, submissions are invited for the following tracks:
* High Performance Reconfigurable Computing
* Reconfigurable Computing for Security and Cryptography
* Reconfigurable Computing for DSP and Communications
* Multiprocessor Systems and Networks on Chip
* Reconfiguration techniques
* Reconfigurable Computing for Computer Vision and Image/Video Processing
* Cyber Physical Systems (Automotive, Robotics, Avionics, Industry)
* Adaptive and Organic Computing
Submissions should be no more than 6 pages long including tables, figures and references. They have to be submitted for evaluation as a PDF file using IEEE formatting.
Conference proceddings will be edited by Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and will appear at the IEEE Digital Library. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version for a Special Issue of the International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing (IJRC).
Paper Submission: July 30, 2010
Acceptance Notification: September 24, 2010
Camera-Ready Papers: October 11, 2010
Conference: December 6-8, 2010