SOTICS 2020 : The Tenth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics
Call For Papers
With everyone's health and safety in mind, we are adapting some of the ways in which IARIA conferences are organized:
1. The submission deadlines (and other dates such as notification and camera ready) are rather flexible in order to account for possibly limited author access to the academic/industrial premises where the research work is taking place.
2. During the conference, authors will be able to present their work via pre-recorded videos and/or conference calls (in case they opt to avoid travel).
3. The diligent peer-review process will operate normally and the proceedings of the conference will be timely issued in order to not affect any particular scientific need (graduation, research reports, budget reports, and preparing for grant submissions).
4. Selection of awarded papers and invitations for expanded versions for IARIA journals are not affected by the presentation method (pre recorded or in person)
5. Potential postponement and relocation of events will be decided by the logistics on a case by case basis and depending on government and/or health organization regulations and recommendations.
We wish you health and safety during these tough times.
Looking forward to your cooperation!
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results to:
- SOTICS 2020, The Tenth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics
The submission deadline is June 27, 2020
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended article versions to one of the IARIA Journals: https://www.iariajournals.org
============== SOTICS 2020 | Call for Papers ===============
CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS
SOTICS 2020, The Tenth International Conference on Social Media Technologies, Communication, and Informatics
General page: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/SOTICS20.html
Submission page: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/SubmitSOTICS20.html
Event schedule: October 18 - 22, 2020 - Porto, Portugal
- regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library]
- short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library]
- ideas: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- extended abstracts: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- posters: slide only [slide-deck posted at www.iaria.org]
- presentations: slide only [slide-deck posted at www.iaria.org]
- demos: two pages [posted at www.iaria.org]
- doctoral forum submissions: [in the proceedings, digital library]
- mini symposia: see https://www.iaria.org/symposium.html
- workshops: see https://www.iaria.org/workshop.html
- tutorials: [slide-deck posed on www.iaria.org]
- panels: [slide-deck posed on www.iaria.org]
Submission deadline: June 27, 2020
Sponsored by IARIA, www.iaria.org
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: https://www.iariajournals.org
Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: https://www.proceedings.com/9769.html
Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: https://www.thinkmind.org
The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal in the following, but not limited to, topic areas.
All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions, in terms of Regular papers, Posters, Work in progress, Technical/marketing/business presentations, Demos, Tutorials, and Panels.
Before submission, please check and comply with the editorial rules: https://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html
SOTICS 2020 Topics (for topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)
Call for Papers: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/CfPSOTICS20.html
On-line entertainment; Games and citizens; Social networking and social software; Tagging and micro-blogging; Collaborative filtering and tagging; Social simulation (mobility, groupware, etc.); Very large social networks; Deep web social information; Blogs and mini-blogs; E-books
Social media use and experiences
Social media platforms, tools, and applications; Collaboration tools; Multi-user media-sharing platforms (ideo, images, audio, and text); Integrated multi-brand networking platforms (for friend/follow, organic groups, calendars/events, direct messaging, tagging, and activity feed); Agile social media platforms; Sharing tools (Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, YouTube, instant messaging, video conferencing, web meetings); Social media work flow tools; Collaborative culture; Learning experiences; Knowledge sharing
Affective computing and emotional intelligence
Frameworks for affective computing; Principles in emotional intelligence; Concepts in affective robotics; Social aspects of affective computing; Ambient systems embedding emotional intelligence; Empathy in artificial agents; Human-centric obedience towards virtual agents; Affective gaming; Deep multitask learning; Apps for body perceptions and emotions; Multi-sensing and human behavior; Active sensing system for distress detection; Recognition of facial emotions; Automatic prediction of depression and anxiety; Mitigate public speaking anxiety; Prediction of emotion from heartbeat; Conveying emotional awareness; Emotional intelligence; Happiness entailment; Cooperative machine learning; Emotion prediction; Emotion recognition; Emotion in ambiguous speech
Social robots and cognition
Human-robot interaction; Robot-robot interaction; Perception of a humanoid robots; Humanoid robots mediating social Interaction; Socially assistive robots; Conversational robots; Verbal Interaction; Human-robot touch interaction; Expressive interactions; Social emotions; Arts by humanoid robots; Collaborative social robots; Game approaches; Human-robot interactive games; Robots co-worker partners; Healthcare companion robots; Socially assistive robots; Robot-assisted rehabilitation therapy; Child-robot interaction; Mobile assistive robots; Robots in public spaces; Shopping mall robots; Home utility robots; Robot-assisted cognitive training; Robot-based multimodal emotion recognition; Advertizign robots; Telepresence robots; Robot teleoperation; Robots' social credibility
Technologies for building the social media channels; Blogs (private and corporate); Ratings and reviews; Referrals and sharing; Forums; User-created content management; Member profile management (photos, information preferences, linked channels, and privacy settings); Social networking via integrated multi-brand networking platforms; Cross-channel synchronization ( integration of the user experience across all in-house social media channels); API backbones; Spiders; Connectors
Special services and technologies
Mobile social media; Kids-oriented social media; youth-oriented social media; elderly-oriented social media; dedicated games; accessibility-oriented social media; Multi-sensor user interfaces (e.g., tactile, haptic, olfactory)
Digital resource domains
Enterprise social networks; Geo-social networks; Social networks; Digital computing; Digital health care; Digital mapping; Digital human faces; Digital libraries; Informatics environments; Micro-contribution by masses
Social evaluation and metrics
Social media analytics; Text analytics; Metric on quality of experience and satisfaction; Social mobility; Social interactions; Social learning; Social media; Social models; Mutual social credentials; Sentiment analysis
Social mobile networks with the Web 2.0; Mobile social architecture and services; Open service capabilities; Open exposure of telco capabilities; Open Web APIs, SOA and SDP; Interworking strategies; Mobile terminals as sources for User-generated content; Architecture and services for user-generated content; Auto-description and metadata synthesis for telecom-generated for user-generated content; Social mobile networks; User behavior profiling; Social connections (social graphs, contacts, etc); Services and architectures/solutions for social mobile services
Mechanisms for social services
Social media advertising and marketing; eSociety; Network growth and dynamics; Accessibility; Social education; Social opinion; Digital eco-systems; Ecology and social justice; eGovernments; Digital economy; eCommerce; Digital cities; Tourism; Democracy and social groups; Patent laws; Social tools; Web enterprises and services
Challenges in social environments
Computational thinking; Natural language processing; eImpact on children knowledge and abilities; Opinion and sentiment analysis; Computing and philosophy; Threats in social networks; Trusted computing; Reputation systems; Pervasive social computing; Real-time ubiquitous social semantic; Social creativity; Privacy preservation in social media; Social trust; Ethics; Legal aspects
SOTICS 2020 Committee: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2020/ComSOTICS20.html