Edge IoT 2020 : EAI International Conference on Intelligent Edge Processing in the IoT Era
Call For Papers
The 1st EAI International Conference on Intelligent Edge Processing for the IoT Era (Edge-IoT 2020) will be held on December 2-4, 2020 in Viana do Castelo, Portugal. Edge-IoT 2020 conference has been created as a flagship conference aiming at addressing the decentralization of contemporary processing paradigms, notably Edge processing, focusing on the increasing demand for intelligent processing at the edge of the network, which is paving the way to the Intelligent IoT Era.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is taking an important role in the digital transformation process in several application domains blurring the boundaries between the physical and digital worlds. Traditionally, the data produced by these IoT devices is relayed back to a centralized computing system, also known as a cloud-centered computing paradigm. In this approach, data is centrally processed at the cloud and its results are sent back to the IoT devices, that run on the edge of the network. Since IoT edge devices are becoming more compact, energy-efficient, affordable and incorporate increasing computational power, Intelligent Edge Processing can be used for distributed processing that will take place near the physical location of the data source, i.e. at the network edge, enabling real-time processing with low-latency (allowing a fast and more effective response), and the reduction of the data dimension (integration and aggregation of several data sources collected at the edge), to generate dynamic and structured smart data streams. This approach contributes to the reduction of the computational load in the fog/cloud computing layers and therefore to the reduction of the bandwidth of the communication.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
• Architectures, techniques, and applications of intelligent edge/fog processing for the IoT;
• Advanced machine learning and intelligent edge and fog processing for the IoT;
• Security and Privacy in Mobile Edge Computing
• Quality of Service, energy efficiency in Mobile Edge Computing;
• Security and privacy in edge and fog computing;
• AI-enabled edge and fog computing architectures, frameworks, and protocols for IoT;
• Advanced edge and fog signal processing for the IoT;
• Cognitive IoT and edge and fog intelligence;
• Energy-awareness and sustainability at the edge and fog: metrics and measurements;
• Energy and security-aware edge and fog computing solutions for the IoT;
• Development of intelligent edge and fog computing platforms;
• Intelligent and network-aware edge and fog applications;
• Edge solutions towards 5G integration;
• Smart applications of edge and fog computing: Smart Cities, Smart Buildings, etc;
• Novel applications, and case studies with edge and fog computing for IoT;
• IoT and Edge Oriented Software Development Processes and Quality Metrics
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Edge IoT proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
• [TBC] Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.390)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Internet of Things
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Artificial Intelligence
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems
Additional publication opportunities:
• EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
• EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Instructions for paper submission
Papers should be in English.
Regular papers should be 10 – 20 pages in length and short papers up to 6-10 pages.
Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
A/Prof. Sérgio Ivan Lopes
ESTG – Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, Portugal
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities