Indian Drama 2010 : Subjectivity in Performance: Issues of Identity in Post-Independence Indian Drama
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
Authentic, scholarly, and unpublished research papers on ‘Post-Independence Indian Drama’ are invited from scholars/faculty/activists/performers/writers for the upcoming critical anthology, tentatively titled as, Subjectivity in Performance: Issues of Identity in Post-Independence Indian Drama.
The volume will be published with an ISBN specification. We are in touch with an internationally reputed publishing house for the publication of this volume.
Thematic Focus of the Volume:
• Tracing the Genealogy: Historical evolution of Indian drama.
• Gendering Theatre: Feminist discourses in Indian drama.
• Taking it to the Streets: Political street theatre in India.
• The Queer Questions: Gay/lesbian/transgender issues in Indian drama.
• Transcending the Cartographic Space: Globalization and Indian drama.
• Casting the Caste: Dalit/Bahujan Issues in Indian drama.
• Local Vibrancies: Indian drama in regional languages.
• Engaging the Cityscapes: Indian English drama.
• Leading the Narrative: The concept of protagonist in Indian theatre.
• East-West Interactions: Western influence on contemporary Indian drama.
• Imagining the Nation: The questions of nationalism in Indian drama.
• Engaging the Linguistic Frontiers: Indian drama in translation.
• Retreat to the Roots: The mythic-folk traditions in Indian drama.
• Who’s Who: Debating the playwright/director question.
• The Little(big) Brother: Comparatizing Indian cinema and drama.
• Memories of Marx: Class questions in contemporary Indian drama.
• Making a Connection: Comparative Indian drama studies.
• The Empire Interrogated: Postcolonial aspects of Indian drama.
• Metatheatre Methods: Self-reflexivity in Indian drama.
• The Stage Craft: Technical nuances in contemporary Indian drama.
• Culture Critiques: Drama as a category of cultural studies in India.
• The Duality Syndrome: Mainstream/non-mainstream drama in India.
Format of Submission:
• Document Specification: MS Word or any other Word-processing sheet.
• Font Specification: Times New Roman, 12 point.
• Page Specification: A4 size with 1” margins on all sides.
• Spacing Specification: 1.5 line spacing and 6point paragraph spacing.
Mode of Submission:
We accept electronic submissions only. The submissions may be sent as email attachments simultaneously to the following email addresses:
Deadline for Submissions:
• An abstract of the paper should be sent as email attachment simultaneously to the email addresses given above on or before 15 July 2010.
• Full paper should be sent to the email addresses given above on or before 15 September 2010.
Style Sheet of Submissions:
All submissions should strictly follow either MLA style sheet or APA style manual for in-text references and for works cited.
Please attach a short-bio data of the contributor(s) indicating name, institutional affiliation, career history, postal address, mobile number, publications, etc.
Contributors are advised to adhere to strict academic ethics with respect to acknowledgment of original ideas from others. The editors will not be responsible for any such lapse of the contributor. All submissions to us should be original.
All submissions will be sent for peer reviewing. Final selection will be made only if the papers are recommended for publication by the reviewers. The contributors will be informed about the decision of the reviewers within two months of submission of full papers. The editors will have the right to make necessary editing of recommended papers for the sake of conceptual clarity and formatting. Non-recommended papers will not be sent back to the contributor in any form. So, all contributors are advised to keep a copy of their submission with them.
Prof. (Dr.) M. Dasan
Head, Department of Studies in English
Palayad PO Vidyanagar PO
Kerala, India, PIN—670 661
Mobile: +91 94471 57268
Dr. Vellikkeel Raghavan
Asst. Prof. Dept of Comparative Literature
Central University of Kerala
kerala, Inida, PIN -- 671 123
Mibile: +91 8089 74 6089