SLMDI-CLEI 2020 : CFP - Latin American Symposium on Data and Information Management (SLMDI)
Call For Papers
CFP - Latin American Symposium on Data and Information Management (SLMDI)
The Latin American Symposium on Data and Information Management is part of the XLVI Latin American Computing Conference (CLEI 2020), to be held in Loja, Ecuador, October 19-23, 2020. SLMDI brings together researchers, professionals, educators and students in a forum that aims to discuss novel methods in the area of data and information management. SLDMI takes a holistic view on the topic, spanning from data organization and modeling to information retrieval and data analytics.
We invite original papers addressing the following topics of interest:
- Big Data applications for science, business, government and society
- Architectures for Big Data
- Knowledge base, nonrelational databases, noSQL
- Bioinformatics and data
- Smart cities and data
- Extensions to databases (spatial, temporary, mobile, real time, etc.)
- Big data management
- Interaction of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Internet of Things (IoT) and data
- Management of uncertain information (probabilistic, diffuse, preferences, etc.)
- Data mining, text mining
- Models, storage and handling of large data sets
- Parallelism in data management
- Customization and contextualization in queries and searches
- Information privacy
- Query Processing and optimization
- Data protection and security
- Information retrieval in text
- Data visualization, data stores and OLAP
- Semantic web, cloud data services, data web
- Social Network Analysis
The above list of topics is not exhaustive and we welcome novel results addressing topics within the themes of SLMDI.
Conference (CLEI 2020) - http://clei2020.utpl.edu.ec/en/
Symposium (SLDMI) - http://clei2020.utpl.edu.ec/en-slmdi/
Submissions must be done through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=clei2020
Papers must be written in English, Portuguese or Spanish. Papers will be reviewed by an international program committee with members from both academia and industry.
Format for submitting papers: Full papers of up to 10 pages; must be submitted in PDF format following to the IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings:
Papers submitted to SLMDI must not submitted elsewhere in parallel. All submissions will be reviewed following a single-blind review process.
Paper submission deadline: May 24, 2020 (extended).
Notification of acceptance: July 9, 2020.
Final version submission: August 24, 2020.