ESW 2020 : 13th Ecumenical social week International Forum on Integral Ecology
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PANELS AND PAPERS
13th Ecumenical Social Week
"Hear the Cry of the Earth: Integral Ecology in Action"
7-10 October 2020, Lviv, Ukraine
Keynote speakers: Prof. Jürgen Moltmann, Dr John Chryssavgis
The annual Ecumenical Social Week (ESW) international forum addresses urgent social issues based on universal values , in this way, promotes interdisciplinary dialogue in the social sphere. It brings together the resources of the community, churches and religious organisations, government, the media, academics and educators, and social and youth organisations.
This year's forum is dedicated to the topic of integral ecology. The connection of spiritual, ethical, political, economic, and social approaches in solving environmental problems is the essence of integral ecology.
ESW seeks to involve experts in the discussion of environmental problems and to create a platform for the interdisciplinary exchange of experience and dialogue. We wish to establish communication between all agents of environmental change and, through their messages, to ‘hear the cry of the Earth’.
Organisers: Institute of Ecumenical Studies at the Ukrainian Catholic University, Lviv City Council, Lviv Regional Council, Lviv Polytechnic National University, UGCC Ecological Bureau, the public organisation “Center of Eco-Theology and Sustainable Development”, the “Clean City” initiative, and the Christian churches of Lviv.
ESW invites scholars, practitioners, educators, representatives of religious organisations, and of public and social initiatives and charitable foundations that are working on, or interested in, the fields of ecology and social doctrine to send abstracts/proposals for papers and panels in areas including, but not limited to, the following:
- interpenetration of ecology, economy and society
- local, national and international policies and the environment
- social justice and ecology
- integral ecology and Christian social doctrine in the field of ecology
- Pope Francis’ Laudato Si’ and its reception
- environmental education and spirituality
- ecology as an ecumenical and inter-religious topic
- ecology of culture and of everyday life; ecology and art.
ESW invites individual abstracts for papers on integral ecology. Papers should last about 15 minutes, and will be followed by Q&A at the end of the panel. Please send abstracts of no more than 350 words and a short biography by 1st June 2020. Earlier submissions are very welcome.
ESW invites panel/events proposals. These should specify:
- The topic, duration and format of the event (it could be a round table, seminar, workshop, master class, panel discussion, project presentation, book presentation, cultural or artistic event, flash mob, webinar, film screening, etc.)
- Target audience
- Technical equipment required: screen, projector, microphones, internet access, translation. Given the limited number of technically equipped venues, we encourage applicants to use their laptop or tablet
- List of speakers and moderator/s.
Maximum event time up to three hours. You may organise no more than two events during the forum and these must be on different topics. A participant cannot be both moderator and speaker in the same event. We invite applicants who have been selected by the Organising Committee to propose speakers for their event. The Organising Committee will not cover speakers’ travel expenses. Accommodation may be provided upon request.
Please send event proposals of no more than 500 words and a short biography by 15th May 2020. Earlier submissions are very welcome.
Proposals should be sent to Iryna Kitura (email@example.com). Please indicate “ESW papers” and/or “ESW panels” on the email subject line. For more information, please contact us via e-mail or telephone: +380 63 115 47 61.