CSERC 2020 : The 9th Computer Science Education Research Conference
Call For Papers
-- COVID-19: Due to the changing conditions related to the spread of the Covid-19 virus we have started discussions about the possibility of accommodating virtual participation for delegates. We are hopeful that the situation will be restored to normal by the time of the conference in mid-October. --
The Computer Science Education Research Conference (CSERC) is an international forum for researchers with interests in educational aspects of all computing disciplines including computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, and information systems. It embraces a broad view of the current and future trends in computing education and aspires to be a lively environment for presenting the latest research and empirical results.
Submissions to CSERC ‘20 (if accepted, published in the ACM Digital Library) might cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
• Specific educational subject matters, such as programming, database systems, computer security, and modelling
• Particular educational innovations, such as MOOCs, flipped-classroom, game-based education, and E-Learning
• Specific groups of students, such as first years, women, master’s students, minorities, impaired students
• Broader topics, such as curriculum, lifelong learning, group-work, assessment, just in time vs. just in case education, class infrastructure, integration of industry in education.
Original and unpublished submissions in all areas related to computing education are invited in the following categories:
• Research Paper: Reporting theoretical or theoretically informed empirical studies undertaken to investigate a specific aspect or address a particular problem in computing education
• Experience Report: Describing a classroom innovation and an evaluation of its impact
• Software Report: Describing developed tools for supporting teaching, learning or assessment in computing education
Types of accepted submissions include:
• Full Paper (approximately 12 pages)
• Practical Report (about 6 pages)
• Poster (2 pages)
• Templates for submissions can be found at the ACM SIG Proceedings website
• Papers can be submitted using EasyChair
• Documents proposed for conference presentation should be high quality, unpublished, original work and submitted online
• The official language of the conference is English
Review Process and Publication
• Papers submitted for presentation at the conference are reviewed by the international program committee. The authors of the reviewed submissions will receive constructive feedback provided by CSERC program committee.
• Authors of papers presented at the conference will produce a final version of the paper, which takes into account the discussions that were held during the conference.
• The final versions of the papers accepted for presentation at CSERC’20 will be published in the ACM Digital library (https://dl.acm.org/conference/cserc).
• At least one author of every accepted paper must register for the event and present the paper (or poster).
• Abstract submission: Friday June 19th 2020
• Paper submission deadline: Sunday July 12th 2020
• Notification of paper acceptance: Friday August 28th 2020
• Author registration, Early (non-author) registration: Friday September 11th 2020
• Conference: Monday October 19th, Tuesday October 20th 2020
• Submission of paper final versions: Friday December 11th 2020
• Program Chair / Event Chair
Dave Stikkolorum, Leiden University, The Netherlands
• Program Co-Chair
Ebrahim Rahimi, Open University, The Netherlands
• Publicity Chair
Vreda Pieterse, South Africa
• Web Master
Tessa Senden, Open University, The Netherlands