SESC 2020 : (Virtual) 2nd EAI International Conference on Sustainable Energy for Smart Cities
Call For Papers
Due to the safety concerns and travel restrictions caused by COVID-19, EAI SESC 2020 will take place online in a live stream.
Non-authors and Co-Authors of already registered papers can register for access to the live stream completely free of charge.
Nowadays, cities are responsible for consuming about 75% of primary energy and for emitting more than 50% of the world’s total greenhouse gases. As a contribution to diminish the impact of climate change, while preserving the importance of social prosperity, the broad theme of Sustainable Energy is fundamental for ensuring stability between economic growth and environmental sustainability. Consequently, new technologies are emerging, especially for the successful operation of future Smart Cities.
SESC 2020 – International Conference on Sustainable Energy for Smart Cities aims to establish an international and multidisciplinary discussion opportunity for academics, scientists, researchers and professionals in general, on topics that include, but are not limited to:
• Energy and Environment; Energy Efficiency; Renewable Energy; Energy Storage Systems
• Life Cycle Assessment, Forecasting, Planning and Markets for Energy Systems
• Management of Distributed Energy Resources; Energy Systems Modelling; Energy Traffic Balance
• Smart Grids; Microgrids; Smart Homes; Energy Control and Decision; Demand Response
• Intelligent Energy Monitoring; Smart Sensors; Advanced Metering Infrastructures
• Power, Energy and Industry Applications; Power Electronics Converters and Prototypes
• Power Quality; Active Power Filters; Power System Stability; Reliability and Security
• Electric Mobility; Green Vehicles; Intelligent Transportation Systems
• Energy Efficiency in Transportation; Technologies and Innovation for Railways
• Smart Building Technologies; Green Industrial Automation and Control; New Lighting Technologies
• Internet of Things; Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Physical Systems, Game Theory, Data Mining, Blockchain, Green Cloud Computing and Big Data for Smart Cities
• Green Wired and Wireless Communications Techniques and Protocols, Energy-Efficient Transmission Technologies, Mobile Architectures and Collaborative Networks for Smart Cities
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a Special Issue of:
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Energy Web (Scopus indexed)
Additional publication opportunities:
• EAI Transactions series (Open Access)
• EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
Instructions for paper submission
Papers should be in English.
Regular papers should be 10 – 20 pages in length.
Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
Joao L. Afonso
University of Minho, Portugal
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities