WoT4H 2020 : [CFP] 1st Int Workshop on the Web of Things for Humans (WoT4H)
Call For Papers
*** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
1st International Workshop on the Web of Things for Humans (WoT4H)
In conjunction with ICWE 2020 - Helsinki, Finland
[We apologize if you received multiple copies of this Call for Papers
Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested]
During the last few years the deployment of smart devices has been massive. This trend is expected to continue and even increase over the next few years. However, this deployment has also been fostered by specific companies creating closed environments. The WoT and IoT paradigms were conceived to make people’s life easier by integrating different devices and adapting them to people's needs and preferences. In these closed environments, this integration and adaptation becomes difficult or even impossible to achieve, greatly limiting the benefits of these paradigms.
This integration poses some questions that need further discussion from researchers: How devices from different manufacturers can be integrated? How the data sensed/stored in different devices can be integrated? How that information can be used to identify the users’ preferences or their activities? How this information could be used to adapt the smart devices’ behaviour?
WoT4H will be a forum for academics, industrial researchers, developers, and practitioners to discuss challenges and advances in Internet of Things and Web of Things. It will be specially focused on “The Web of Things for Humans”. It is also relevant for the workshop the application of these paradigms to real environments and situations, such as smart transportation, smart tourism, well-being, etc.
*** Topics of Interest ***
- Integrating the Web of Things
- Linked Open Data
- Internet of Services
- Distributed Mobile Systems.
- Protocols and Standardization Attempts
- Web of Things for Humans
- Integration with Social Networks
- (Mobile) Crowd sensing
- WoT Composition and Physical Mashup
- Planning and Artificial Intelligence in WoT
- WoT and Big Data
- New Semantic Technologies
- Data Collection
- Data Fusion
- Activity Recognition
- Proactive Devices
- Self-Adaptive techniques
- Web Assembly
- Edge and Fog Computing for the WoT
- Trust, Security and Privacy for WoT
- Applications and experiences
- Smart Cities
- Smart buildings
- Human Mobility
- Co-Creation and Open Participation
*** Important Dates ***
- Paper Submission Deadline (EXTENDED): 10 May, 2020 (23h 59 Hawaii Time)
- Notification of acceptance: 15 May, 2020 (23h 59 Hawaii Time)
- Workshop Day: 9 June, 2020
*** Submission Instructions ***
Authors are invited to submit full papers (maximum length of 12 pages, including all references and figures) or short/demo papers (maximum length of 6 pages, including all references and figures). Papers should be formatted according to Springer’s LNCS formatting guidelines (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html).
Accepted papers will be included in the Post-workshop proceedings to appear in Springer's LNCS series. For each accepted paper, at least one author must attend the workshop and present the paper. Registration is subject to the terms and conditions of ICWE.
In addition, a selection of papers submitted to WoT4H 2020 will be invited for a possible extension to be published in the journal Computer.
*** Workshop Organizers ***
- Javier Berrocal, University of Extremadura
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Martin Gaedke, Chemnitz University of Technology
- Niko Mäkitalo, University of Helsinki
- Mahda Noura, Chemnitz University of Technology