CEWIT 2010 : The 7th International Conference and Expo on Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World
Call For Papers
Abstract deadline has been extended to July 16, 2010. Travel awards are now available.
The 7th International Conference & Expo on Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World (CEWIT 2010)
September 27-29, 2010
Songdo ConvensiA Convention Center in Incheon, South Korea
Sponsored by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy (Korea), Incheon Metropolitan City (Korea), Incheon Free Economic Zone (Korea), and Stony Brook University (USA)
Technically sponsored by the IEEE. Peer reviewed papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore online and cited in EI.
Please visit www.cewit.org/conference2010 or www.cewit.or.kr/conference for more information.
Scope of the Conference
We cordially invite you to submit your contribution to the 7th International Conference & Expo on Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World (CEWIT 2010). Originally known as the International Conference on Cutting-Edge Wireless & Information Technologies, this conference is organized by the Center of Excellence in Wireless and Information Technology (CEWIT) in the United States and CEWIT Korea. CEWIT 2010 is the premier international forum focusing on the application of emerging technologies to major technical challenges in infrastructure, healthcare, and energy, which are three of the most critical components of a smarter global environment. Specific topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
Track 1 - Research on Emerging Technologies
- Visual Computing
- Human Computer Interaction
- Dynamic Data Analytics
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Intelligent Sensors/Devices
- Collaborative Signal/Image Processing
- Pervasive Computing
- Multimedia Information Management
- Web 3.0
- Immersive Interface
- Mobile Platform (Mobile Wallet)
- Data Privacy
- 3D Media and Technology
- Intelligent Service Robots
Track 2 - Cloud Computing
- Cloud Infrastructure Management
- Cloud Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Interoperability
- Cloud Trust and Policy Management
- Mobility and Clouds
- Data Analytics and Clouds
- Data Visualization and Clouds
- Cloud Efficiency and Energy
- Cloud-Centric Regulatory Compliance
- Smart Pipe
Track 3 - Smart Medicine & Life Sciences
- Personal Medical Devices
- Wireless Telemedicine Systems
- Advanced Medical Imaging
- Computer-Aided Diagnostics
- Clinical Decision Support
- Patient-Centered Cognitive Support
- Asset Tracking and Monitoring
- Healthcare Clouds
- Precise Practice System for Patient Optimized Cyber Doctor
- In Vitro Diagnostic
- Bioinformatics and Next-Gen Data
- Systems and Predictive Biology
- Cheminformatics and Computer-Aided Modeling
- eClinical Trials Technology
- eHealth Solutions
Track 4 - Smart Planet & Smart Energy
- Distributed Sensor Networks for Smart Grid
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Grid Management & Visualization
- Energy Efficient Computing
- Securing the Smart Grid
- Energy Storage Devices/Systems
- Advanced Sensor and RFID Technology
Track 5 - Smart Infrastructure/Ubiquitous Cities
- Securing the Transportation Infrastructure
- Transportation Infrastructure Sensing
- Transportation Infrastructure Management & Optimization
- Traffic Simulation & Visualization
- Interaction between Vehicles and the Environment
- Broadband Access Anywhere
- Integrated Management Technology for Smart City
Our conference is primarily interested in serving as a venue for the discussion of technical contributions highlighting research on emerging technologies, cloud computing, and end-to-end technical solutions, applications and systems, even if available only in prototype form. Therefore, we strongly encourage authors to submit abstracts (up to two pages) in these areas.
Each abstract will be evaluated by program committee members and external reviewers, including experts with multidisciplinary experience. Submissions will be judged on validity, originality, technical strength, practical significance, overall quality, and relevance to the conference topics.
Please submit your abstract electronically at www.cewit.or.kr/conference. Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to submit a full paper to be included in the conference proceedings. Please follow the formatting instructions provided on our website.
Abstract Submission Deadline: July 16, 2010
Notification of Acceptance: July 30, 2010
Camera-Ready Paper & Presentation Materials: August 27, 2010
A limited number of travel awards of up to $1,000 (not exceeding the actual travel expenses) will be provided to the presenting author of accepted papers who are full-time employees at academic or non-profit research institutions outside of South Korea.
To apply for the travel award, the applicant should submit proof of full-time employment (e.g., letter issued by the academic department or research organization on official letterhead) when the abstract is submitted. You may submit your travel award application on the conference website or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference program committee will select the awardees based on qualifications, paper quality, and funding availability. Travel award notification will be sent to the applicant along with the notification of acceptance of the paper. To receive the travel award, the applicant must attend the conference and present the paper. Proof of travel expenses must be submitted.
For more information about CEWIT 2010, please visit www.cewit.org or www.cewit.or.kr, or contact the conference program committee co-chairs:
Dr. Rong Zhao
Dr. Karpjoo Jeong
CEWIT 2010 will be held at the Songdo ConvensiA Convention Center in Incheon, South Korea. Incheon, officially the Incheon Metropolitan City, is South Korea’s third largest metropolis, after Seoul and Busan. As the largest seaport on the west coast and home to the country’s largest airport, Incheon International Airport, Incheon is South Korea’s most important transport hub. In the 21st century, Incheon has transformed into a global business hub centered around the high-tech and futuristic Songdo International City, which is home to South Korea’s tallest building, the 305m Northeast Asia Trade Tower.