VISMAC 2021 : VISMAC 2020 PhD Summer School (VISMAC2020)
Call For Papers
V I S M A C (VISione delle MACchine)
[in English, "Machine Vision"]
International Summer School
TBD, 2021, Palermo, Italy
=== UPDATES regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) ===
First of all we would like to thank all those who have already expressed interest in attending the VISMAC summer school. Unfortunately, we are living in very worrying and uncertain times which do not allow the event to take place in safety now.
We monitor the situation to safeguard everyone, hence we are obliged to postpone VISMAC to when sanitary conditions will allow it. Regrettably, it will not take place before June 2021, but we will give immediate communication as soon as the situation is clearly stable and secure.
=== Aim & Scope ===
The international summer school VISMAC "VISione delle MACchine" (in English, "Machine Vision") is organized every two years by the "Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning" (CVPL - ex-GIRPR) affiliated to International Association for Pattern Recognition (IAPR). It represents a stimulating opportunity for doctoral students, young researchers from universities, research institutions and industry. The primary objective of the Summer School is to provide a common scientific and cultural background on the subjects of computer vision and pattern recognition.
This edition of VISMAC will mainly focus on four renowned research topics: Bio-imaging, Automotive, Cultural Heritage, Image forensics.
=== List of Speakers ===
- Carlo Sansone, UNINA Federico II
- Elena Casiraghi, UNIMI
- Paolo Soda, UCBM
- Francesco Tortorella, UNISA
- Alberto Broggi, UNIPR
- Sergio Saponara, UNIPI
- Roberto Vezzani, UNIMORE
- Alessandro Rizzi, UNIMI
- Gabriele Guidi, POLIMI
- Carlo Colombo, UNIFI
- Andrea Fusiello, UNIUD
- Francesca Odone, UNIGE
- Francesco De Natale, UNITN
- Gian Luca Marcialis, UNICA
- Luisa Verdoliva, UNINA Federico II
- Jerian Martino, Amped Software
=== Registration ===
Early registration fee:
- CVPL members: 500 euros
- non CVPL members: 550 euros
Late registration fee:
- CVPL members: 600 euros
- non CVPL members: 650 euros
The fee includes:
- accommodation in double or triple rooms (possible supplement for single rooms).
- social dinner
- coffee breaks
- learning materials
School registrations are limited to forty participants, on a FIFS basis.
Accepted students can submit a poster to present their research activity. The best poster selected by the school committee will receive a prize sponsored by CVPL.
--- Registration form is available at ---
Further registration info and poster guidelines will come soon.
=== Scientific Committee ===
- Domenico Tegolo, UNIPA
- Cesare Valenti, UNIPA
- Roberto Pirrone, UNIPA
- Filippo Stanco, UNICT
=== Local Committee ===
- Marco E. Tabacchi, UNIPA
- Fabio Bellavia, UNIPA
=== Sponsors ===
- CVPL (ex-GIRPR) - Associazione Italiana per la ricerca in Computer Vision, Pattern recognition e machine Learning
- Universita' degli Studi di Palermo
- Universita' degli Studi di Catania
- CITC - Centro Interdipartimentale di Tecnologie della Conoscenza, Universita' degli Studi di Palermo
- DMI - Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica, Universita' degli Studi di Palermo