All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2017
Call For Papers
DEXA 2017 - 28th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications
August 28 – 31, 2017
*** Selected papers will be extended for a possible publication in the Springer journal Transactions of Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered Systems (TLDKS). ***
Database, information, and knowledge systems have always been a core subject of computer science. The ever increasing need to distribute, exchange, and integrate data, information, and knowledge has added further importance to this subject. Advances in the field will help facilitate new avenues of communication, to proliferate interdisciplinary discovery, and to drive innovation and commercial opportunity. Since 1990, DEXA has been an annual international conference which showcases state-of-the-art research activities in database, information, and knowledge systems.
DEXA provides a forum to present research results and to examine advanced applications in the field. The conference and its associated workshops offer an opportunity for developers, scientists, and users to extensively discuss requirements, problems, and solutions in database, information, and knowledge systems. DEXA 2017 will be held in Lyon, France, from August 28 - 31, 2017.
DEXA 2017 invites research submissions on all topics related to database, information, and knowledge systems including, but not limited to the points in the list below. We also welcome survey papers, provided that the survey fills a void or goes beyond existing overview papers.
- Acquisition, Modeling, Management and Processing of Knowledge
- Authenticity, Privacy, Security, and Trust
- Availability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Consistency, Integrity, Quality of Data
- Constraint Modeling and Processing
- Cloud Computing and Database-as-a-Service
- Database Federation and Integration, Interoperability, Multi-Databases
- Data and Information Networks
- Data and Information Semantics
- Data Integration, Metadata Management, and Interoperability
- Data Structures and Data Management Algorithms
- Database and Information System Architecture and Performance
- Data Streams, and Sensor Data
- Data Warehousing
- Support Systems and Their Applications
- Dependability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Digital Libraries, and Multimedia Databases
- Distributed, Parallel, P2P, Grid, and Cloud Databases
- Graph Databases
- Incomplete and Uncertain Data
- - Information Retrieval
- Information and Database Systems and Their Applications
- Mobile, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Data
- Modeling, Automation and Optimization of Processes
- NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
- Object, Object-Relational, and Deductive Databases
- Provenance of Data and Information
- Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Social Networks, Social Web, Graph, and Personal Information Management
- Statistical and Scientific Databases
- Temporal, Spatial, and High Dimensional Databases
- Query Processing and Transaction Management
- User Interfaces to Databases and Information Systems
- Visual Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery
- WWW and Databases
- Workflow Management and Databases
- XML and Semi-structured Data
- Service Oriented Computing
- The uncertain Web and uncertain services
- Uncertain and probabilistic databases
- Agents and distributed systems
Semantic Web and semantic data management
Abdelkader Hameurlain, IRIT, Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France
Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis - Wright State University, USA
Roland R. Wagner, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
Conference Program Chairpersons:
Djamal Benslimane, Lyon 1 University, France
Ernesto Damiani, University of Milan, Italy
William I. Grosky, University of Michigan, USA
Vladimir Marik, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic
A Min Tjoa, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
Roland R. Wagner, Johannes Kepler University, Linz, Austria
Submission of abstracts: March 11, 2017
Submission of full papers: March 18, 2017
Notification of acceptance: May 17, 2017
Camera-ready copies due: June 07, 2017
Paper Submission Details:
Authors are invited to electronically submit original research contributions or experience reports in English.
The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it will appear in the Proceedings.
The submitted manuscript must be submitted in pdf in LNCS format (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html)
The length of submitted manuscripts should not exceed 15 pages.
Any submission that significantly exceeds length limits or deviates from formatting requirements may be rejected without review.
For paper registration and electronic submission see http://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dexa2017 (starting in January 2017)
Submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.
Duplicate submissions are not allowed. Authors are expected to agree to the following terms: "I understand that the submission must not overlap substantially
with any other paper that I am a co-author of or that is currently submitted elsewhere. Furthermore, previously published papers with any overlap are cited
prominently in this submission." Duplicate submissions will be rejected immediately without review. Questions about this policy or how it applies to your work
should be directed to the PC-chairs.
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer Verlag. DEXA reserves the right to
accept papers only as short papers (up to 8 pages). Short papers describe interesting and innovative ideas which still require further technical development.
Authors of all accepted papers must sign a Springer copyright release form. Papers are accepted with the understanding that at least one author will register
for the conference to present the paper. Papers without any registered co-author will not be published.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in the Springer journal
Transactions of Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered Systems (TLDKS). The submitted extended versions will undergo a further review process.
For further inquiries, please contact the Conference Organisation Office (email@example.com)