All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2023
CCIA 2023 - 25th International Conference of the Catalan Association for
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
October 25-27, 2023
Món St Benet (Camí de Sant Benet, S/N, 08272 Sant Fruitós de Bages, Barcelona)
Web Page: https://ccia2023.cat/
We invite you to participate in the 25th International Conference of the Catalan
Association for Artificial Intelligence (CCIA 2023) that will take place on
25-27th October 2023 at Món St Benet. This year's international conference theme
is Supportive AI, where the main goal is to strengthen collaboration between
research and industry by sharing the latest advances in Artificial Intelligence
and to open discussions on what are the current needs in industry and how AI can
better support those needs.
We encourage you to contribute with finished works as well as preliminary works
with promising original and innovative ideas. Given this year’s topic, we do
encourage you to present work on real-world AI solutions and current deployment
of AI technologies in industry for the benefit of society.
The organising committee is pleased to include social events that will be
CCIA is the usual meeting point of the AI scientific community of the
Catalan-speaking territories, this is why the conference official languages are
Catalan, Spanish, French, Italian and English. However, English must be used to
be published in the conference proceedings.
TOPICS (in alphabetical order)
* AI Applications
* AI Problem Solving
* Agents and Multi-agent Systems / Hybrid systems
* Artificial Neural Networks and Evolutionary Systems
* Artificial Vision and Image Processing / Perception
* Cognitive Modelling and Cognitive Systems
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery from Databases
* Ethical, Legal, Social, Economic and Cultural aspects of AI (ELSEC-AI)
* Explainable and Interpretable AI
* Fusion / Aggregation of Information
* Human-Machine Communication
* Human-Robot Interaction
* Knowledge Representation and Ontologies
* Logic, Reasoning and Fuzzy Logic
* Machine Learning and Case-based Reasoning
* Natural Language Processing
* Planning, Optimization, Satisfiability and Constraints
* Real Time AI
* Recommender Systems, Text Mining, and Semantic Web
* Virtual Agents
* Abstract submission deadline** : April 7, 2023
* Article*** submission deadline: April 28, 2023
* Author notification: June 30, 2023
* Camera-ready deadline: July 14, 2023
* Early registration deadline: July 18, 2023
* Conference dates: October 25-27, 2023
** Short paragraph abstract indicating submission intention.
*** Either type: full, short or abstract paper.
We invite you to submit papers reflecting both finished works as well as works
in progress, containing original and promising ideas. We welcome the following
types of submissions:
* Abstract (1-2 pages)
* Short papers (2-4 pages)
* Long papers (8-10 pages)
Long submitted papers will be peer-reviewed based on technical quality, relation
to the topics of the conference, originality, relevance, significance, and
clarity. Short papers will be evaluated for their significance considering them
as ongoing work descriptions. Abstracts should reflect initial positioning
and/or breaking ideas that provoke discussion. Note that all submissions must be
original. Short and abstract accepted papers will be presented in lightning and
Paper submissions must meet the following guidelines:
- Papers must be written in English language to be published in the proceedings.
- Papers must be submitted in PDF format following the IOSPress guidelines.
Detailed instructions, templates and style sheets for manuscript preparation
are available to download here:
- Papers should not include page numbers.
- All papers must have an Abstract and a list of keywords.
Papers should be submitted through the EasyChair platform at:
Accepted long and short papers will be published at the conference proceedings
book in the collection “Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications”
of IOS Press. Camera-ready versions of accepted papers should follow the same
IOSPress format guidelines.
We are working to have some special issues of indexed journals for submitting
extended versions of the best conference papers (more information coming soon).
After receiving the notification of acceptance, ACIA member students who will
attend the conference can apply for grants funded by Associació Catalana
d'Intel·ligència Artificial. Further information to be found at:
General Chair: Ismael Sanz (Universitat Jaume I)
Local Organization Chair: Jordi Nin (ESADE)
Scientific Programme Chair: Raquel Ros (PAL Robotics)