All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
*** CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOP PROPOSALS ***
14th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing,
Networking and Communications (WiMob 2018)
St. Raphael Resort, Limassol, Cyprus, 15-17 October, 2018
(*** Sponsorship Requested to IEEE Communication Society ***)
WiMob is an international forum for the exchange of knowledge and
experience among researchers, developers and practitioners of wireless and
mobile technology. For fourteen years, the International WiMob conference
has provided unique opportunities for researchers and developers to interact,
share new results, show live demonstrations, and discuss emerging directions
in a number of contemporary topics in wireless and mobile computing.
WiMob 2018 is soliciting high quality technical papers addressing research
challenges in the areas of wireless communications, wireless networking,
mobility, nomadicity, ubiquitous computing, services and applications.
Papers should present original work validated via analysis, simulation or
experimentation. Practical experiences and Testbed trials also are welcome.
WiMob 2018 will host 5 parallel symposia on:
• Wireless Communications
• Wireless Networking, Mobility and Nomadicity
• Ubiquitous Computing, Services and Applications
• Green and Sustainable Communications and Network computing
• Security on Wireless and mobile Networks
A full list of topics for each symposium can be found on the conference
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
As part of the program of WiMob 2018, a limited number of workshops are
planned to be held in conjunction with the main conference. The main aim
will be to provide an international forum for researchers to present their early
research results and share experiences focused on specific research areas.
Workshop proposals are solicited in all areas and topics related to wireless
networking, mobile computing, mobile and wireless communications,
pervasive computing and networking, and services and applications. All
papers accepted by the workshops will be published in the WiMob 2018
proceedings. All workshops will be held on October 15, 2018.
Workshop Proposal Form
A proposal to organize a workshop can be submitted in PDF or plain text and
should contain the following information:
• A draft of the CFP of the workshop (includes title, description, topics and
• Why is the topic area important?
• Likely contributors and target audience
• Organizing committee (chairs, list of potential TPC members)
• Plan for workshop advertising and publicity (including workshop URL)
• Biography of the main organizer(s) (100-200 words)
Workshop proposals must be sent by e-mail to the three Workshop co-chairs:
- Anna Maria Vegni, annamaria.vegni[at]uniroma3.it
- Hossam Hassanein, hossam[at]cs.queensu.ca
- Nirwan Ansari, nirwan.ansari[at]njit.edu
Authors are required to submit fully formatted, original papers (PDF), with
graphs, images, and other special areas arranged as intended for the final
Papers should be written in English conforming to the IEEE standard
conference format (8.5" x 11" - US letter, Two-Column). The initial
submission for review will be limited to 8 pages. The final manuscript for
publication will be limited to 8 IEEE pages included in the registration.
However, additional charges may apply for additional pages.
The conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore
(after approval) as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Each accepted paper must be presented at the conference by one of the
co-authors or a third party, otherwise it will not be indexed and archived
through IEEE Xplore.
Only timely submissions through EDAS at https://edas.info will be accepted.
For more details, please visit the Facebook page for WiMob 2018:
https://www.facebook.com/wimob2018/ as well as the conference web site.
• Paper submission: May 15, 2018
• Notification: July 15, 2018
• Final manuscript: September 1, 2018
• Workshop proposal submission: April 20, 2018
• Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals: April 25, 2018
• Preliminary CFP to be published for workshops: April 30, 2018
• Paper submission deadline for the workshops: June 30, 2018
• Workshop paper acceptance: July 31, 2018
• Lajos Hanzo, University of Southampton, UK
• Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
• Abderrahim Benslimane - University of Avignon, France
• Hsiao-Hwa Chen - National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
• Khaled Ben Letaief - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HK
• Victor C. M. Leung - University of British Columbia, Canada
• Samuel Pierre - Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada
• Dovan Thanh - Telenor & Norwegian Univ. of Science & Technology, Norway
• Wessam Ajib, Universite du Quebec - Montreal, Canada
• George Angelos Papadopoulos, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
• Nirwan Ansari, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
• Hossam Hassanein, Queen's University, Canada
• Anna Maria Vegni - Roma Tre University, Italy
• Abbas Bradai, XLIM Institute, University of Poitiers, France
• Brigitte Jaumard, Concordia University, Canada
• Ming Li, University of Arizona, USA
• Qi Liao, Nokia Bell Labs, Germany
• Abderrahim Benslimane, University of Avignon, France
• Corinna Schmitt, University of Zurich, Switzerland
• Abdellatif Ezzouhairi, ENSA Fez, Morocco
• Chunxiao Jiang, Tsinghua University, China
• Neeraj Kumar, Thapar University, India
• Cristina López-Bravo, Universidade de Vigo, Spain
• Roca Vincent, INRIA Rhone-Alpes, France