All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2022
The ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST) is a premier international symposium for the presentation of new research results, systems, and techniques among researchers and developers on augmented, virtual and mixed reality (AR/VR/MR, XR for short) software and technology.
VRST brings together the main international research groups working on XR, along with many of the world’s leading companies that provide or utilize XR systems. VRST 2022 will be held in Tsukuba, Japan, from Wednesday, Nov. 29th to Friday, Dec. 1st, 2022. The event is sponsored by ACM SIGCHI and SIGGRAPH.
VRST 2022 welcomes paper submissions relating (but not limited) to the following areas:
- VR/AR/MR(=XR) technology and devices
- Advanced display technologies and immersive simulations
- Low-latency and high-performance XR
- Multi-user and distributed XR
- XR software infrastructures and authoring systems
- User interaction and collaborative interaction techniques for XR
- Input devices for XR
- Tracking and sensing for XR
- Multisensory and multimodal system for XR
- Brain-computer interfaces for XR
- Haptics, smell, and taste interfaces for XR
- Audio and music processing for XR
- Sound synthesis and sonification for XR
- Computer vision and computer graphics for XR
- Immersive analytics
- Modeling and simulation techniques
- Rendering techniques for XR
- Avatars and virtual humans
- Tele-operation and telepresence
- Performance testing, user experience, and empirical studies
- Locomotion and navigation in virtual environments
- Perception, presence, virtual embodiment, and cognition
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Application of XR (e.g. training systems, medical systems, fabrication etc.)
- Innovative HCI approaches in XR
- Multi-disciplinary research projects involving innovative use of XR
- XR System Contributions
- Abstracts due (title, abstract, author list): July 18, 2022, 23:59 AoE
- Papers with all material submission deadline: July 22, 2022, 23:59 AoE
- Posters and demos submission deadline: August 22, 2022, 23:59 AoE
- Author notification papers: September 6, 2022
- Revised papers, and posters/demos recommended from paper track: September 20, 2022
- Final author notifications for all categories: September 27, 2022
- Camera-ready papers due: October 11, 2022
- Conference in Tsukuba, Japan + virtual (hybrid): Nov 29 - Dec 1, 2022
Details about the submission procedure can be found on the symposium website:
Please use the ACM SIGCHI Conferences Submission System (PCS) to submit your work:
All accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library in the VRST collection.
Paper submissions (applied for Full papers and Short Papers) should be anonymous for a double-blind review process. By contrast, Poster and Demo submissions do NOT have to be anonymous, and these submissions will be juried by committee members and receive light feedback (up to a few paragraphs in length). All submissions should be prepared in **a single column format**, using the Word or LaTeX templates from the official ACM Master article template packages and TAPS (see https://authors.acm.org/proceedings/production-information/taps-production-workflow). Authors should prepare their materials using numbered citations and references. See the TAPS webpage for guidance on how content length corresponds to the page limits for the final version.
- Full paper: Up to a maximum of 9 pages double column excluding references.
- Short paper: Up to a maximum of 4 pages excluding references.
- Poster / Demo: Up to a maximum of 2 pages double column including references.
- Naoya Koizumi, The University of Electro-Communications
- Haruka Matsukura, The University of Electro-Communications
- Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida
- Daniel Roth, Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg
- Kazuki Takashima, Tohoku University
Poster and Demo Chairs
- Takefumi Hiraki, University of Tsukuba
- Yuki Ban, The University of Tokyo
- Michal Piovarci, Institute of Science and Technology Austria