All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2021
SoCS-21: the 14th International Symposium on Combinatorial Search
June 12-14, 2021 (co-located with ICAPS-2021)
Heuristic search and other forms of combinatorial search are very active areas of inquiry in artificial intelligence (AI). Such problem-solving techniques are studied in AI planning, robotics, constraint programming, operations research, bioinformatics and in many other areas of computer science. The SoCS series of symposia aims to bring together researchers from these different communities to exchange ideas and to cross-fertilize the field.
In 2021, SoCS is co-located with the 31st International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS 2021). To celebrate this joint meeting, we especially encourage the submission of papers that explore the boundaries between heuristic/combinatorial search and automated planning & scheduling.
Abstract submission: February 10, 2021
Paper submission: February 14, 2021
Notification: March 30, 2021
Camera-ready: April 15, 2021
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
* Adversarial search
* Analysis of search algorithms
* Automated synthesis of lower bounds
* Bounding and pruning techniques
* Combinatorial optimization
* Combinatorial puzzles
* Continuous problem solving
* Constraint search
* External-memory and parallel search
* Incremental and active learning in search
* Machine and deep learning in search
* Meta reasoning and search
* Methodology and critiques of current practice
* Model-based search
* Portfolios of search algorithms
* Problem compilation
* Problem solving using search
* Random vs. systematic search strategy selection
* Real-life applications
* Real-time search
* Reinforcement learning and search
* Search in goal-directed problem solving
* Search space discretization for continuous state-space problems
* Search-based diagnosis
* Search in boolean satisfiability
* Search in big data
* Search in robotics
* Self-configuring and self-tuning algorithms
* Symmetry handling
* Time, memory, and solution quality trade-offs
Papers exploring the boundaries between combinatorial search and planning & scheduling research are particularly welcome, given the co-location with ICAPS 2021
We encourage researchers to submit three categories of papers to the symposium:
* Technical papers. Original long (up to 8 pages plus up to one page of references) and short (up to 4 pages plus up to one page of references) papers are the standard category. We welcome technical papers that report substantial original research in search or in related areas that are not under review in other archival conferences or journals.
* Position papers. In addition to the main technical track, we encourage authors to submit original long and short position papers discussing ideas and concepts related to heuristic and combinatorial search. Examples of position papers could include thoughtful critiques or bold new perspectives of the field, historical perspectives and analysis, technical discussions of various implementation techniques, methodological contributions, and insightful reports on new and demanding applications.
* Extended abstracts. To foster the exchange of ideas at SoCS, we encourage authors to submit extended abstracts of original work, work-in-progress, or work which has appeared in or is under review at other venues such as AAAI/ICAPS/IJCAI.
Please read the section Requirements for formatting and submission requirements.
SUBMISSION WEBSITE (EasyChair)
Papers must be submitted through EasyChair at the following link:
All submissions must be formatted in the AAAI style. Style guidelines are available at the following link: https://www.aaai.org/Publications/Templates/AuthorKit21.zip
ORIGINAL LONG AND SHORT PAPERS(both Technical and Position Papers)
* Original papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed. SoCS 2021 will follow a double-blind review process for original papers, and hence authors of original papers are required to omit author information from their submissions and anonymize obvious self-references. Non-anonymous submissions may be rejected without review.
* Long papers may be up to 8 pages in length, plus an additional page for references only. Short papers may be up to 4 pages, plus an additional page for references only. Long and short original papers should be new work which has not been published (nor is currently simultaneously under review) in any other archival publication venue. Papers that do not follow these requirements will be rejected without review.
* Extended Abstracts
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Authors of extended abstracts under review at IJCAI 2021 or another conference must clearly indicate this information in their submission.
The publication of a research abstract in the SoCS 2021 proceedings does not preclude publication of a full paper on the same topic at future SoCS conferences.
The extended abstract submissions will be lightly reviewed in order to ensure that they are of interest to the SoCS community. The submitted version of the extended abstract can be up to 8 pages, plus an additional page for references only. However, if the extended abstract submission is accepted, only 2 pages (including references) will be allocated in the SoCS 2021 proceedings.
Extended abstracts of papers which are under double-blind review in another conference must be anonymous (names and affiliations must not appear in the submitted PDF).
We are monitoring the situation regarding the global pandemic and associated travel restrictions. We will offer a virtual presentation option if the conference cannot take place due to the global pandemic or if registered authors from specific parts of the world cannot attend the conference.
For any questions, please contact the conference chairs.
SoCS 2021 Program Chairs
Hang Ma, Simon Fraser University, Canada, email@example.com
Ivan Serina, University of Brescia, Italy, firstname.lastname@example.org
SoCS 2021 Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Enrico Scala, University of Brescia, Italy, email@example.com
Mauro Vallati, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom, firstname.lastname@example.org
SoCS 2021 Local Chairs
Jian Weng, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China, email@example.com
Liangda Fang, Jinan University, Guangzhou, China, firstname.lastname@example.org