All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
The International Conference on Social Informatics (SocInfo18) is an interdisciplinary venue that brings together researchers from the computational and social sciences interested in joint research of socio-technical phenomena. The goal of the conference is to provide a forum to help scholars from the two disciplines define common research objectives and explore methodologies. The organizers welcome a broad range of contributions, from those that apply methods from the social sciences to the study of socio-technical systems, to the application of computational methods to the study of complex social processes and the use of social concepts in the design of information systems.
SocInfo18 offers an opportunity for the dissemination of knowledge between the two communities by soliciting presentations of original research papers and experience-based case studies in computer science, sociology, psychology, political science, public health, media & communication studies, economics, linguistics, artificial intelligence, social network analysis, and other disciplines that can shed light on the open questions in the growing field of computational social science.
SocInfo18 will also offer workshops and keynote talks that will be tailored to enhance the collaboration between the two research cultures in an era when social interactions are ubiquitous and span offline, online and augmented reality worlds.
Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• New theories, methods and objectives in computational social science
• Computational models of social phenomena, including behavior modeling
• Dynamics of social collaborative systems and collective intelligence
• Social network analysis and mining
• Mining big social data
• Web mining and its social interpretations
• Quantifying offline phenomena through online data
• Forecasting of social phenomena with digital traces
• Social influence and social contagion
• Security, privacy, trust, reputation, and incentive issues
• Opinion mining and social media analytics
• News production & consumption in the Internet era
• Credibility of online content
• Tracing and preventing of harmful content and risk events
• Health informatics
• Social media and health behaviors
• Equity in social and information systems
• Social applications of the semantic Web
• Social psychology and personality in the era of new ICTs & Internet
• Virtual reality for psychological research
• Virtual communities
• Game studies
• Human-computer interaction
• Urban informatics
• Social implications of geoinformation systems
• Socio-economic systems and applications
Information about Submission
We solicit submission of two types of contribution:
Full papers: up to 14 pages (excluding references and any appendix), to be presented orally;
Short papers: up to 8 pages (excluding references and any appendix), presented as posters;
Submissions will be reviewed through a double-blind review process. To ensure a thorough and fair review process, this year’s conference will apply strict review guidelines to provide even higher-quality feedback to authors. To further incentivize useful and detailed feedback to authors, contributions of best reviewers will be rewarded with special mentions.
As in previous years, accepted papers will appear in Springer’s Lecture Note Series in Computer Science. We will also allow accepted papers to be presented without publication in the conference proceedings, if the authors choose to do so. Some of the full paper submissions may be accepted as short papers after review by the Programme Committee. A small set of particularly high quality and important papers will be selected for journal publication.
Original manuscripts should be submitted in English in pdf format through EasyChair.
The submission deadline is May 9, 2018 23:59:59.
Notification of acceptance: June 19, 2018.
Camera ready: July 24, 2018 (at least one paper author should register by that time for the paper to be published).
All the deadlines are at 23:59:59 Hawaii Time.
Because SocInfo will publish proceedings, manuscripts should be formatted according to Springer LNCS paper formatting guidelines.