All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2016
CALL FOR PAPERS:
10th IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges In Information Science (RCIS 2016)
1-3 June 2016, Grenoble, France
The goal of RCIS is to bring together scientists, researchers, engineers and practitioners from a wide range of information science fields and provide opportunities for knowledge sharing and dissemination. RCIS has become a recognised conference on research challenges in information sciences. Organised for the tenth time in a row, RCIS 2016 will be held from June 1-3, 2016, in Grenoble, France.
• Regular paper submission deadline: February 7, 2016 (23:59 Central European Time)
• Notification to authors and registration opening: April 1, 2016
• Author registration deadline for all paper types: April 22, 2016
• Camera‐ready copy deadline for all paper types: April 22, 2016
• Conference: June 1‐3, 2016
RCIS welcomes submissions from a diverse spectrum of information science. The list of themes and topics includes, but is not limited to, the following themes and topics:
Information Systems and their Engineering
• Requirements Engineering
• Software Engineering and Testing
• Model-Driven Engineering
• Information Systems Development Methods and Method Engineering
Data and Information Management
• Databases and Information
• Information Search and Discovery
• Conceptual Modelling and Ontologies
• Information Security and Risk Management
• Big Data, Right Data
• Web-Based Applications and Services
• Smart Cities
• Cyber-Physical Systems
• Web Information Systems
• Grid Computing and Cloud Computing
• Internet of Things
• Pervasive and Mobile Computing
• Human-Computer Interaction
• Social Computing and Social Network Analysis
• User-Centred Approaches
• Collaborative Computing
• Information Science and the Wisdom of the Crowd
• Business Process Engineering and Management
• Process Mining
• Enterprise Modelling
• Information Science within Reengineering Scenarios
• Context-aware Organisations
• Big Data & Business Analytics
• Decision Information Systems
• Knowledge Management
• Knowledge Discovery from Data
• Information and Value Management
Reflective Research and Practice
• Research Methodologies in Information Science
• Impact of Information on the Enterprise and the Individual
• Lifecycle Models
• Design Science and Rationale
• Action Research and Case Studies in Information Science
Tutorials, Doctoral Consortium, Posters and Demos will complement the main conference.
An updated version of this call can always be found in http://rcis-conf.com/
Papers that have already been accepted or are currently under review for other conferences or journals will not be considered for publication at RCIS 2016.
Papers should be in English and must be associated to one of the following categories:
- Technical solution papers present solutions that are novel or significantly improve existing solutions. A technical solution paper must include a preliminary validation of the proposed solution, and results must be stated clearly enough so that it is possible to validate them in later research. Maximum page count is 12.
- Evaluation papers evaluate existing problem situations or validate proposed solutions through scientific means, i.e. by empirical studies, experiments, case studies, simulations, mathematical proofs, etc. The research method must be sound and appropriate. Maximum page count is 12.
- Industrial practice and experience papers present problems or challenges encountered in practice, describe success or failure stories, or report on industrial practice. The practice must be clearly described and its context must be given. Maximum page count is 12.
- Work in progress papers present relevant preliminary results that may not have been fully validated yet. The work presented should be advanced enough as to show its contribution and significance. Maximum page count is 6.
The submission website: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rcis2016
By submitting a paper, authors implicitly agree that at least one of them will register to the conference and present the paper. It is expected that at least one author will register for each accepted paper.
Only papers that have been presented by their authors during the conference will be published as part of the IEEE Proceedings.
Authors of papers that obtain the highest scores in the reviewing process will be invited to submit an extended version to special issues of journals including the International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design (IGI).
Accepted papers will be submitted to IEEE for publication in IEEE Xplore digital library using the IEEE 2-column format (http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html ).
In case you wish to format your paper according to this template you may use the IEEE PDF eXpress tool (http://www.pdf-express.org/) to convert your source file into an IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file or to check if your own PDF file is IEEE Xplore‐compliant. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore‐compatible PDFs (conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF check function). The conference ID for the IEEE PDF eXpress can be found on the RCIS 2016 web site.
It is important to note that submitting a file to IEEE PDF eXpress is only for creation or checking of a compliant PDF file and does not work as a submission; you must still submit your final paper through the submission site indicated above. For more information about how to use IEEE PDF eXpress, please see http://rcis-conf.com/rcis2016/express.php.
*RCIS STEERING COMMITTEE*
Marco Bajec, Martine Collard, Andre Flory, Pericles Loucopoulos, Selmin Nurcan, Oscar Pastor, Colette Rolland, Roel Wieringa
General Chair: Carine Souveyet
Program Chairs: Jolita Ralyté, Sergio España
Doctoral Consortium Chair: Fabiano Dalpiaz
Posters & Demos Chairs : Saïd Assar, Maya Daneva
Tutorial Chairs : Christos Kalloniatis, Kecheng Liu
Proceedings Chair: Rébecca Deneckère
Publicity Chair : Irina Rychkova
IEEE Liaison chair: Martine Collard
Financial & Organization Chair : Agnès Front
Web Manager : Wilfried Segretier