All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2008
A number of prominent members of the Semantic Web community are now beginning to claim that the Semantic Web has arrived. Semantic Web search engines now index tens of thousands of ontologies and the term "Semantic Web" regularly appears in the mainstream news and culture. Additionally, the number of Semantic Web events attracting several hundred attendees grows larger every year and industrial interest includes the majority of the large software and service companies.
The 3rd Asian Semantic Web Conference (ASWC 2008) will present the latest research and development of the Semantic Web and its related technologies. It will bring together researchers in relevant disciplines such as artificial intelligence, knowledge modeling, logic, databases, social networks, Web services, distributed computing, Web engineering, information systems, natural language processing, multimedia, and human-computer interaction.
ASWC2008 will include a Research Track, a Semantic Web in Use Track, a Poster and Demonstration Track. ASWC2008 also encourages the submission of proposals for workshops and tutorials.
The Research Track solicits the submission of original, principled research papers dealing with theoretical, methodological, empirical and application-related aspects of the Semantic Web. The Semantic Web in Use Track solicits the submission of innovative and practical application papers which take into account real-world requirements. All papers should clearly demonstrate relevance to the Semantic Web fully taking into account aspects related to both semantics and the Web.
The proceedings of ASWC 2008 will be published in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. Paper submission and reviewing will be electronic via the conference submissions site. Papers should not exceed 15 pages in length and must be formatted according to the information for LNCS authors.
Topics include but are not limited to the following:
Semantic Web Technologies
* Query Languages and Optimization for the Semantic Web
* Rule Languages, Logics and Scalable Reasoning on the Semantic Web
* Tools and Methodologies for Large Scale Semantic Web Data - Management
* Machine learning and human language technologies for the Semantic Web
* Semantic Web Content Creation
* Database Technologies for the Semantic Web
Semantic Web Services
* Languages, Tools and Methodologies for Semantic Web Services
(description, discovery, invocation, composition, choreography)
* Semantic Descriptions of Enterprise Processes
* Semantics Applied to Mashups and Adhoc Service Aggregations
Semantic Web Applications
* Applications of Semantic Web (e-Business, e-Science, e-Health, e-Government, e-Learning, e-Culture)
* Case Studies of Semantic Web Applications
* Personalization and User Modeling
* Semantics in P2P Computing and the Grid
* Semantic Web-based Knowledge Management
* Semantic Web, Multimedia, and Human Computer Interaction
Social Semantic Web
* Semantic Web and Social Networks and Processes
* Semantic Web Technologies for Collaboration and Cooperation
Trust, Provenance, Security, Privacy, Identity and the Semantic Web
* Ontology Modeling
* Ontology Management (creation, evolution, evaluation)
* Ontology Alignment (mapping, matching, merging, mediation and reconciliation)
* Ontology Learning and Metadata Generation
* Ontology Searching and Ranking
Best Paper Award
A "best paper awards" will be given to the best research paper(s) submitted to and presented at the conference as judged by the Program Chairs in collaboration with the Program Committee.
15 July 2008 Paper Submission
10 September 2008 Notification of Acceptance
25 September 2008 Camera Ready
8-11 December 2008 Conference in Thailand
Web Site: http://www.aswc2008.org