All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2016
The International Conference on the Computational Processing of Portuguese
(PROPOR) is the main regular forum for presentation and discussion
of the best research results in the area of natural language and
speech processing focused on the Portuguese language.
The PROPOR series was initiated in 1993 and has since then being held
in Brazil and Portugal. Previous meetings took place in Lisbon (1993),
Curitiba (1996), Porto Alegre (1998), Évora (1999), Atibaia (2000),
Faro (2003), Itatiaia (2006), Curia (2008), Porto Alegre (2010),
Coimbra (2012) and São Carlos (2014).
Call for papers:
We cordially invite anyone researching in any topic of language and
speech processing of Portuguese to submit a paper to PROPOR2016.
Topics of interest include:
• any applied task (e.g. speech recognition, word sense disambiguation,
dialect identification, etc.),
• application (e.g. question answering, subtitling, summarization, etc.),
• basic issue (e.g. parsing, evaluation, etc.),
• subdomain (e.g. phonology, semantics, dialogue, etc.),
• type of resource (e.g. corpora, ontologies, grammars, etc.),
• linguistic phenomenon (e.g. prosody, anaphora, modality, etc.),
• in any area benefiting from language and speech processing of Portuguese
(e.g. information retrieval, e-learning, e-humanities, etc.),
• under any methodological perspective (e.g. hybrid, symbolic,
machine learning, etc.),
• from the industry or
• from any contributing academic discipline, including but not limited
to Computation, Artificial Intelligence, Engineering, Linguistics
or Cognitive Science.
We seek to select papers reporting substantial, original and completed
work, especially those that may contribute in a significant way to
the advancement of the area. Wherever appropriate, concrete evaluation
results should be included. Submissions are anonymized and will be
evaluated by at least three reviewers.
The proceedings of PROPOR2016 will be published at Springer as a volume
of the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence Series. They will be
available online, and the paper version will be distributed among
participants of the conference.
More information at http://propor2016.di.fc.ul.pt/?page_id=30
For upcoming information and calls for submission to the demo session,
best dissertation award, tutorials, etc., please check future versions
of the conference website at http://propor2016.di.fc.ul.pt
The next PROPOR is hosted by the University of Lisbon and the
NLX-Natural Language and Speech Group from its Department of Informatics
at the Faculty of Sciences.
This conference will be held in the historical city of Tomar,
a world heritage site, 1 hour north of Lisbon by train. Tomar is
one of Portugal's historical jewels and more significantly was
the last Templar town to be commissioned for construction.
Photos and video: http://propor2016.di.fc.ul.pt/?page_id=32