All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2015
Call for Papers: 20th International Conference on Application of Natural Language to Information Systems (NLDB'15)
Conference website: http://nldb2015.org/
NLDB 2015 invites researchers from academia and industry to submit papers for oral or poster presentations on recent, unpublished research that addresses theoretical aspects, algorithms, applications, architectures for applied and integrated NLP, resources for applied NLP, and other aspects of NLP, as well as survey and discussion papers.
Special Track: Semantic and Cognitive Computing
For the 20th edition of NLDB, we especially solicit submissions for our special track: Natural Language and its connection to Semantic and Cognitive Computing. Semantic computing aims at connecting the meaning of the user’s need with semantics of content in a multidisciplinary fashion. Cognitive Computing systems naturally interact with people and learn over time. While natural language understanding is necessary for semantic understanding and interacting with a cognitive system (e.g. a question answering system or a search application), it is an open question how to leverage direct or indirect user feedback for improving the overall system's output, but also for improving the natural language processing stack and evolving the system's knowledge representations. Further, the interaction of natural language and formalized knowledge repositories is attained differently in the literature. Papers for the special track especially focus on the adaptivity and the combination of NL and knowledge processing systems: domain adaptation, adaptation over time, adaptivity and user feedback, wisdom of the crowds, information fusion from heterogeneous sources, incremental/online machine learning. We especially encourage submission of survey and discussion papers for the special track.
Further, we encourage submissions on the following topics:
* Applications of NLP in Information Systems: Multilingual Information Systems, NLP in Requirement Engineering, NLP in Knowledge Management, Semantic Data Integration and Data Cleaning.
* Social Media and Web Data: Corpus analysis, Language identification, Text normalization, Robust NLP for social media, Text classification, Information Extraction and Sentiment Analysis for social media.
* Semantic Web Open Linked Data: Ontology Learning and Alignment, Populating ontologies, Querying Ontologies and linked data, Semantic tagging and classification, Ontology-driven NLP.
* Question Answering (QA): NL interfaces to databases, QA using web data, multi-lingual QA, Non-factoid QA (how/why/opinion questions, lists), geographical QA, QA corpora and training sets.
* Natural language and Ubiquitous Computing: Pervasive Computing, Embedded, Robotic and Mobile Applications.
* Natural Language in Conceptual Modeling: Analysis of Natural Language Descriptions, Terminological Ontologies, Consistency Checking, Metadata Creation and Harvesting, Ontology-driven Systems Integration, Ontology Management.
* NLP Applications: Business Intelligence, Subjectivity and Sentiment Analysis, QA systems, Event Detection, Named Entity and Event Detection, Information Extraction, Summarization, NLP for Data Mining, NLP for Data Warehouses, Plagiarism detection, Identity detection.
All accepted papers will be included in Springer proceedings of the conference. We solicit four types of papers:
* Long papers: Up to 12 pages, plus references. Long papers should describe unpublished, complete research
* Short papers: Up to 6 pages, plus references. Short papers describe a comparative evaluation of existing works, a negative result, or consist of a survey, discussion or position paper.
* Poster and Demo papers: Up to 4 pages, plus references: Poster/Demo papers describe a small focused result, a negative result, or a late-breaking result, or a description of a system that can be demonstrated on-site at the conference.
January 31, 2015: Deadline for paper submission
March 15, 2015: Notifications
March 31, 2015: Final versions due
June 17-19, 2015: Conference in Passau, Germany
Conference website: http://nldb2015.org/