All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2020
LADC 2020 - 10th Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing
November 24-27, 2020, Florianópolis, Brazil
The Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing (LADC) is the major event on computer system dependability in Latin-America. LADC'2020 will feature technical sessions, workshops, tutorials, fast abstracts, keynote talks from international experts in the area and an industrial track. The symposium scope includes recent research results on software and system dependability. The Symposium is promoted by the Special Committee on Fault-Tolerant Systems (CE-TF) of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC).
LADC'2020 will be held in Brazil at the beautiful Island of Santa Catarina, in Florianópolis, from November 24 to 27, at the Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC). Just like in 2019, LADC will be co-located with the X Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering (SBESC).
Prospective authors are invited to submit original research papers for presentation at the symposium in two categories: (1) full research (regular) papers, and (2) practical experience reports. Papers will be assessed with criteria appropriate to each category. LADC looks for works exploring new territory, continuing a significant research, or reflecting on practical experience. While full research manuscripts should explore a specific technology problem and propose a complete solution to it, with extensive results, practical experience reports are expected to provide an in-depth exposition of practitioner experience and empirical studies.
All aspects of dependable and secure systems and networks are within the scope of LADC, including fault-tolerant architectures, protocols, and algorithms, models for performance and dependability evaluation, as well as, experimentation and assessment of dependable and secure systems and networks. Authors are invited to submit original papers on research and practice of creating, validating, deploying, and maintaining dependable and secure systems and networks.
* Topics of Interest
- Fault-tolerant hardware architectures, multi-core systems, virtualization, nanoscale computers, hardware dependability assessment.
- Frameworks and software architectures for dependability, runtime monitoring, adaptation, model-driven dependability engineering, testing, verification & validation, software certification.
- Dependability of networks (LAN, WAN, mobile, ad-hoc, sensor networks, protocols, SDN).
- Dependability of data storage and databases.
- Dependability and human issues, human-computer interaction, management of complex systems.
- Security foundations, policies, protocols, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion tolerance.
- Incidents & accidents, risk perception and analysis, safety-critical applications and systems.
- Critical infrastructure protection.
- Dependability and security modeling, measurement and benchmarking.
- Dependability of maintenance, tuning performance and availability, security configuration.
The proceedings of LADC 2020 will be published and indexed by IEEE (tentative). Also, an extended version of selected papers will be published in a special issue of "The Journal of Brazilian Computer Society" (confirmed). Best Paper Award is also a tradition in LADC and will be selected among the submitted works.