All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2017
KSEM 2017 will be co-located with the flagship international AI conference — IJCAI 2017, and be held in Melbourne, Australia on August 19-20, 2017.
KSEM 2017 is the tenth in this series, which builds on the success of nine
events of International Conference on Knowledge Science, Engineering and Management
in Guilin, China (KSEM 2006); Melbourne, Australia (KSEM 2007);
Vienna, Austria (KSEM 2009); Belfast, UK (KSEM 2010); Irvine, USA (KSEM 2011);
Dalian, China (KSEM 2013); Sibiu, Romania (KSEM 2014); Chongqing, China (KSEM2015)
and Passau, Germany (KSEM 2016).
The aim of this interdisciplinary conference is to provide a forum for researchers in
the broad areas of knowledge science, knowledge engineering, and knowledge management
to exchange ideas and to report state of the art research results.
Topics of Interest
The conference committee invites submissions of applied or theoretical research and
application-oriented papers on all topics of KSEM. Topics include, but are not limited
to the following:
** Knowledge Science **
- Knowledge representation and reasoning
- Logics of knowledge; formal analysis of knowledge; reasoning about knowledge
- Knowledge complexity and knowledge metrics
- Commonsense knowledge; non-monotonic reasoning
- Uncertainty in knowledge (randomness, fuzziness, roughness, vagueness, etc.)
- Reasoning about knowledge in the presence of inconsistency, incompleteness, context-dependency, etc.
- Belief revision and update
- Cognitive foundations of knowledge
- Knowledge in complex systems (e.g. economical and quantum systems)
- Game-theoretical aspects of knowledge; knowledge in multi agent systems
- Formal ontology
** Knowledge Engineering **
- Knowledge extraction from texts/big data/Web
- Knowledge discovery from very large databases
- Knowledge integration
- Knowledge-based software engineering
- Knowledge-based systems in life sciences
- Conceptual modelling in knowledge-based systems
- Semantic database systems
- Semantic Web
- Content engineering
- Ontological engineering
- Knowledge engineering applications
** Knowledge Management **
- Knowledge creation and acquisition
- Knowledge verification and validation
- Knowledge dissemination
- Knowledge management systems
- Organizational ontology
- Organizational memory
- Organizational learning
- Knowledge management strategies and practices
- Knowledge management applications
Papers must be submitted electronically as a PDF file through EasyChair conference management system at:
All papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee on
the basis of technical quality, relevance, originality, significance,
and clarity. All paper submissions will be handled electronically.
(1) All papers should be submitted electronically in PDF no longer than 12 pages.
Please use the Springer LNCS style as described from http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
(2) At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register and present at the conference.
In accordance with the previous conferences in this series, the KSEM 2017 proceedings
will be published by the Springer Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) series.
Selected top quality papers accepted and presented in the KSEM 2017 will be invited
for extension for the special issues of some international journals.