All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2022
Call for Papers
13th International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Health Care (KR4HC)
Organized as One Full Day Workshop
Halifax, Canada – June 17, 2022
In conjunction with the AIME-2022 Conference
Web site: http://banzai-deim.urv.cat/events/KR4HC-2022/
Knowledge representation in health care is a productive area of theories, standards, models, systems, and applications, with an active community of researchers and developers with no dedicated international specific event for this community to meet. Since 2009, the KR4HC workshop has been organized year after year (with the exception of 2020 for the worldwide pandemic situation) with a great level of participation, excellent quality of the works presented, and top quality publications of the best selected papers as Springer LNCS series books.
As it was observed in the previous editions of KR4HC, we expect that this new thirteenth edition of KR4HC, which is held for the first time out of Europe, could bring together a part of the KR in medicine community to present and discuss new ideas and technologies, as well as, to serve as a platform to discuss the progress of the field. Due to the growing interest of mixing machine learning and knowledge representation technologies to address new biomedical challenges, KR4HC 2022 will also welcome quality works on the challenging combination of machine learning technology and KR systems.
Format of the Workshop
The one-day workshop will comprise accepted long and short papers, tool presentations, and one keynote. Papers should be submitted in advance and will be reviewed by at least three members of the program committee. Informal proceedings will be available during the workshop. At least one author for each accepted paper should register for the workshop and present the paper. A selection of the best long (full) papers will be invited to be included in the formal proceedings, which are expected to be published as part of the LNAI Springer series, as it was done in previous editions of the workshop.
The scope of the workshop includes, but is not limited to the following areas:
• Knowledge and process modeling in health care
• Computer-interpretable clinical guidelines and protocols for decision support
• Workflow management in health care
• Semantic interoperability in health care
• Health care data standards for interoperability
• Knowledge representation and ontologies for health care
• Temporal knowledge representation and exploitation in health care
• Facilitating acquisition of health care knowledge
• Visualization, monitoring, and mining health care processes
• Knowledge extraction from health care databases and electronic health records
• Combination, personalization, and adaptation of health care knowledge
• Adherence & compliance with health care recommendations and processes
• Quality models for the evaluation of ontologies
• Experiences in deploying knowledge-based tools in health care
• Decision support technologies for multimorbid and co-morbid patients
• Modeling and simulation of health care knowledge
• Ambient intelligence & smart processes in health care
• Process interoperability & standards in health care
• Process-oriented system architectures in health care
• KR-based health-care systems and methods experiences in real settings
Authors are invited to submit papers for presentation in any of the areas listed above. Only papers in English will be accepted. Three types of submissions are possible: (1) full papers (12-14 pages long) reporting mature research results, (2) position papers reporting research that may be in the preliminary stage not yet been evaluated, and (3) tool reports. Position papers and tool reports should be no longer than 6 pages. Papers must present original research contributions not concurrently submitted elsewhere.
Papers should be submitted in the LNCS format.
Papers (in PDF format) should be submitted electronically via Easychair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kr4hc2022).
• Abstract submission: April 13, 2022
• Paper submission: April 20, 2022
• Notification of Acceptance: May 16, 2022
• Camera-ready version: May 30, 2022
• KR4HC-2022 Workshop: June 17, 2022
• David Riaño, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Tarragona, Spain
• Aida Kamišalić Latifić, University of Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
Contact person: David Riaño (email@example.com)