All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2020
The Information Processing and Telecommunications Center at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (IPTC-UPM) in collaboration with Universidad de Granada are organizing the 11th International Workshop on Spoken Dialog System Technology (IWSDS2020) to be held in Madrid, Spain from May 18-20, 2020. We are now inviting paper submissions especially on the following topics:
List of Topics:
- Engagement and emotion in human-robot interactions
- Digital resources for interactive applications
- Multi-modal and machine learning methods
- Companions, personal assistants and dialogue systems
- Proactive and anticipatory interactions
- Educational and healthcare robot applications
- Dialogue systems and reasoning
- Big data and large scale spoken dialogue systems
- Multi-lingual dialogue systems
- Spoken dialog systems for low-resource languages
- Domain Transfer and adaptation techniques for spoken dialog systems
However, submissions are not limited to these topics, therefore we are encouraging to submit papers in all areas of spoken dialogue systems. We particularly welcome papers that can be illustrated by a demonstration, and will organize the conference in order to best accommodate these papers, whatever their category.
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.We distinguish between the following categories of regular submissions:
- Long Research Papers are reserved for reports on mature research results. The expected length of a long paper should be in the range of 8-14 pages, including references.
- Short Research Papers should be in the range of 4-8 pages, including references. Authors may choose this category if they wish to report on smaller case studies or ongoing but interesting and original research efforts.
- Position Papers deal with novel research ideas or view-points which describe trends or fruitful starting points for future research and elicit discussion and are not much researched. They should be 2 pages long, excluding references.
- Demo Submissions – System Papers: Authors who wish to demonstrate their system may choose this category and provide a description of their system and demo. System papers should not exceed 6 pages in total.
Authors are requested to submit PDF files of their manuscripts using the paper submission system (EasyChair).
IWSDS 2020 requires that all authors wishing to present a paper take into account:
- The paper is substantially original and will not be submitted to any other conference or journal during the IWSDS 2020 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism.
- The paper will be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference site according to the schedule published. Any paper accepted in the technical program, but not presented on-site will be withdrawn from the official conference proceedings.
NOTE: All submitted papers are subject to a single-blind review. The change in page limits is to accommodate responses to reviewer comments only.
As usual, a selection of accepted papers will be published in a book by Springer following the conference (Springer LNEE series, SCOPUS and other important indexes).
Special Sessions and Workshops
In addition, IWSDS will host three special sessions and one workshop. Authors can submit specific papers to any of these using the same procedure as the regular papers but selecting the specific session during the submission process. For additional information about these special sessions and workshop please check the Special Session link:
- Workshop on Chatbots and Conversational Agents and Dialogue Breakdown Detection Challenge (WOCHAT+DBDC)
- Dialogue systems for mental e-health
- HUMIC-DIAL: Designing humor in human computer interaction with focus on dialogue technology
- Speech Language and Conversation Technologies for Iberian Languages
Templates for formatting are available at our website (https://www.iwsds.tech/calls/call-for-papers)
- Paper submission deadline: January 10, 2020 (23:59 Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8)
- Paper notification deadline: February 7, 2020
- Camera ready papers due: February 21, 2020
- Early bird registration ends: February 28, 2020
- Website: https://www.iwsds.tech
- Twitter: @iwsds2020
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
IWSDS2020 is sponsored by Universidd Politécnica de Madrid, SigDial, and Colips.
General Chair: Luis Fernando D'Haro, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
General Chair: Zoraida Callejas, Universidad de Granada, Spain
Local Organiser: David Griol, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Publicity: Marta Ruiz Costa-Jussà, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
Sponsorship Chair: José Quesada, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
Special Sessions Chair: María Inés Torres (UPV/EHU), Universidad del País Vasco, Spain
Student Organizer: Manuel Gil Martín, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain)
Social Activities: Ricardo Kleinlein, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (Spain)
Webmaster: Kheng Hui Yeoh, Institute for Infocomm Research (Singapore)
Maxine Eskenazi, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Laurence Devillers, LIMSI-CNRS & Univ. Paris-Sorbonne 4, France
Rafael E. Banchs, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore
Sabato Marco Siniscalchi, Kore University of Enna, Italy
Senior Steering Committee
Joseph Mariani, LIMSI-CNRS, France
Kristiina Jokinen, AIST Tokyo Waterfront, Japan
Haizhou Li, national University of Singapore, Singapore
David Traum, University of Southern California, USA
Satoshi Nakamura, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan