All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2013
The International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology (ISMM) has
established itself as the main scientific event in the field. This
edition of ISMM will be the eleventh in the series initiated in 1993
in Barcelona, and has never been this far North before. The goal of
the conference is to bring together researchers, students, and
practitioners of Mathematical Morphology, to present and discuss new
advances in the field, be they purely theoretical developments or
Proceedings will be published in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer
Main topics of interest:
* Theory: Morphology on complete lattices and semilattices,
Representation of morphological operators, Fuzzy morphology,
Connectivity theory, Connected operators, Morphology on graphs.
* Filtering: Colour and multi-channel morphology, Geodesic
transformations, Adaptive morphology, Attribute filtering, Image
* Segmentation: Watershed segmentation, Hierarchical segmentation,
Colour image segmentation, Texture segmentation, Clustering of
* Geometry and Topology: Discrete geometry, Metrics and distance
transforms, Random sets and geometrical probability, Shape analysis.
* Algorithms and Architectures: Efficient implementations, Data
structures for morphology, Performance evaluation of algorithms, GPU
* Related methodology: Level set methods, Morphological PDEs,
Wavelets, Scale spaces.
* Applications: Geoscience and remote sensing, Biomedical imaging,
Materials science, Data analysis, Document processing, Content-based
information retrieval, Video surveillance, Industrial control,
Submission deadline: December 9, 2012
Notification of acceptance: February 8, 2013
Camera ready paper: March 10, 2013
Conference: May 27-29, 2013
Note: the submission deadline is final and will not be extended!
Gunilla Borgefors, General Chair
Christer Kiselman, Invited Speakers' Chair and Advisor
Cris Luengo, Programme Chair
Robin Strand, Local Organisation Chair
Vlada Curic, Assistant
Ångström Laboratory of Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden.