All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS
Interactive Entertainment 2017 Conference
Event : IE 2017 is part of Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW 2017 -
Location : Geelong, Victoria, Australia
(only 70 km away from Melbourne City)
Conference Dates : January 31 – February 3, 2017
Paper submission : August 8, 2016
Author notification : October 17, 2016
Camera-ready full papers : November 7, 2016
IE2017 welcomes scientists, designers, artists, technicians, students, industry and academics from across the spectrum. We encourage contributions from fields as diverse as computer science, social science, design, communication, media studies, music, engineering, health and mathematics.
Original research contributions in the form of full papers (up to but no longer than 10 pages) describing innovative research in the field of interactive entertainment are welcome. IE invites participation and submissions from researchers and practitioners with an interest in techniques, tools, technology and its applied use and impact, in improving interactive experience over a wide range of fields, including but not limited to the following:
• Applied Interaction, Play & Games (Serious games, Exergaming, Interactive simulation, Discussions on narrative, Social games)
• Interaction Design (Design practices & methods, User interface & interaction design, Design history)
• Experimental Design (Experience measurement, Creativity in games, Evaluation methodologies, Experimental gameplay forms)
• Interactive Technology (Game physics, Game graphics & rendering, Artificial intelligence, Development processes, Networking models)
• Audio & Sound design
• Interactive Platforms, Methods & Applications (Mobile and portable games, Virtual & Augmented reality)
• Interactive Techniques & Studies (Interactive film, Animation in games, History of interactive media, Commercial concerns)
• Visualization & Interactive Applications (Case studies using data in interactive applications)
• Games, Play & interaction thinking not listed here
Main ACSW Conference Features
IE 2017 is held as part of 2017 Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW 2017 - http://acsw2017.deakin.edu.au).
The Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW) is the premier event for Computer Science researchers in Australasia that is organized by the Computing Research and Education (CORE) Association of Australasia.
ACSW consists of several conferences covering a wide range of topics in Computer Science and related area. This conference is attended by many national and international delegates, comprising HDR students and distinguished academics, from all over the world in computer science. The conference week has been running in some form continuously since 1978. This makes it one of the longest running conferences in Computer Science.
Authors are invited to submit papers that present original and unpublished research on topics directly to the relevant conference.
As with previous years, registration for ACSW will enable delegates to attend sessions in any conference participating or co-located in the Australasian Computer Science Week.
The proceedings of this event are aimed to be published by the ACM Digital Library.
Additional conference features:
*** Industry track for research collaborations
*** World-class keynote speakers
*** A number of Special Issues
Selected high quality ACSW 2017 submissions will be invited to perform solid extensions and submit to the following Special Issues:
1. International Journal of Computers and Applications, Special Issue for ACSW17 (confirmed)
2. IEEE Transactions on Big Data, Foundations for Big Data Security and Privacy (confirmed)
3. Future Generation Computer Systems, Social networking Big Data (confirmed)
4. More Special Issues will be updated at the conference website
*** Flagship annual conference in Oceania region
*** Student travel grants