All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2019
ICWL is an annual international conference on Web-based learning, founded by the Hong Kong Web Society. The first ICWL was held in Hong Kong in 2002. Since then, ICWL has been held in Australia (2003), China (2004, 2008, 2010, 2015), Hong Kong (2005, 2011), Malaysia (2006), United Kingdom (2007), Germany (2009), Romania (2012), Taiwan (2013), Estonia (2014), Italy (2016), South Africa (2017), and Thailand (2018).
In 2019 we are organizing the 18th ICWL conference in Berlin, Germany once more. It will feature a technical program of refereed papers selected by the international program committee, poster sessions, and keynote addresses offered by eminent scholars.
Authors are invited to submit original papers reporting on research results or novel applications in technology enhanced and web-based learning.
Submitted papers have to be in pdf format, and according to the Springer LNCS Authors Guidelines.
Submissions are subject to double-blind review process; formats for the submissions are either Full Paper (10 to 12 pages) or Short Paper (6 pages).
All accepted papers presented at the conference will be published in a volume of Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Companion Symposium and Workshops
In conjunction with ICWL2019 the "4th International Symposium on Emerging Technologies for Education" (SETE) will also be held. SETE (http://icwl-sete.org/) collects the traditional workshop activities managed by ICWL in the past years, and is organized in several Thematic Tracks.
The overall experience of co-located ICWL, SETE, and Workshops, will provide insight into traditional and novel topics on Technology Enhanced Learning.
• Personalized and Adaptive Learning
• Computer Support for Intelligent Tutoring
• Intelligent Tools for Visual Learning
• Informal Learning on the Workplace
• Web-based Learning for Oriental Languages Learning
• Game-based Learning and• Serious Games
• Personal Learning Environments (PLE)
• Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
• Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
• Web 2.0 and Social Learning Environments
• HTML5 Web-based Learning
• Virtual environments and 3D graphics for e-learning
• Intelligent Learner and Group Modelling
• Learning Analytics
• Human Factors and Affective Computing for Learning
• E-Learning Platforms and Tools
• Design, Model and Framework of e-Learning Systems
• Deployment, Organization and Management of Learning Objects
• Open educational resources (OER)
• E-Learning Metadata and Standards
• Semantic Web and Ontologies for E-Learning
• Mobile, Situated and Blended Learning
• Bring your own Device (BYOD)
• Cloud-based Learning
• Pedagogical Issues
• Mobile learning
• Digital libraries and Web corpora for e-learning
• Assessment in e-learning
Important Dates (TENTATIVE)
Abstract submission April 11
Full paper submission April 18
Notification of acceptance May 18
Camera ready and registration June 15
Christoph Igel, DFKI, Germany
Han Peng, Chongqing Academy of Science and Technology, China
Technical Program Committee co-chairs
Zuzana Kubincova, Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia
Marco Temperini, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
Local Organization co-chairs
Milos Kravcik, DFKI, Germany
Maren Braubach, DFKI, Germany
Michael Dietrich, DFKI, Germany
Christoph Sohst, DFKI, Germany
Steering Committee Representatives
Ralf Klamma, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Qing Li, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Justus Zürch, DFKI, Germany
Ivana Marenzi, Leibniz University, Hannover, Germany
Joint Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Mart Laanpere, Tallinn, Esto