All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2017
** Call for Papers ICTSS-2017 **
== General Information ==
29th IFIP International Conference on Testing,
Software and Systems (ICTSS 2017)
St-Petersburg, October, 9-11, 2017
Testing is one of the most important quality assurance techniques for the (partial) verification of communication and software systems as well as for the validation of their models and remains very challenging in the underlying theory, methods and tools, industrial use, and in its systematic combined application with other verification techniques.
ICTSS is a series of international conferences addressing the conceptual, theoretic, and practical problems of testing software systems, including communication protocols, services, distributed platforms, middleware, embedded- and cyber-physical-systems, and security infrastructures.
The ICTSS is the successor of previous (joint) conferences TESTCOM and FATES and aims at being a forum for researchers, developers, testers, and users to review, discuss, and learn about new approaches, concepts, theories, methodologies, tools, and experiences in the field of testing of software and systems.
• Full papers (up to 16 pages Springer LNCS format) describing either original research results, or case studies and empirical studies in an industrial context on new testing methodologies and industrial best practices.
• Short papers (up to 6 pages Springer LNCS format) describing a work in progress, a small piece of complete work, or a short industrial experience.
Each paper submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the ICTSS Program Committee. All contributions to ICTSS-2017 have to be submitted electronically in PDF format via Easy Chair and have to follow the Springer LNCS paper format. The submission type according to the categories mentioned under Types of Contributions must be stated explicitly by the author(s) upon submission via the conference website. The submission type influences the review criteria. Accepted contributions must be presented at the conference. Springer publishes accepted full papers in their LNCS series.
Accepted short papers will also be published in the same LNCS volume in a separate section. Authors need to sign a copyright transfer form to transfer usage rights on their papers to IFIP and Springer.
In addition ICTSS-2017 also accepts workshop proposals on any aspect of software quality.
The workshop organizers will carry out workshops during ICTSS. Workshop proposals have to include:
• The name of the workshop
• A list of workshop organizers together with their affiliations and contact data
• A short description of the workshop content
• An estimate on the number of participants
• Indication whether the workshop should be a half day or full day workshop
• If available, a link to the workshop’s web page***
Please send workshop proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions send an email to: email@example.com or consult the conference website http://www.ictss2017.org
== Topics of interests (include but are not limited to) ==
• Aspects of testing: test derivation, test selection, test coverage, test implementation and execution, test result analysis, test oracles, test management, monitoring and runtime verification, test frameworks.
• Model-based testing: Formal models and modeling languages such as automata, state machines, process algebra, logics, UML, HOL, Markov-chains, test generation from models, model coverage
• Combination of techniques: Techniques that demonstrate how to combine testing and formal (model-based) verification and analysis to improve quality and reduce effort
• Quality aspects: Functional, interoperability, performance, conformance, security, reliability, robustness, etc.
• Application areas: Communicating systems such as protocols, middleware, networks, web services, cloud computing systems, wireless applications, control systems, business information systems, embedded and real-time software, software product lines, etc.
• Communicating systems such as protocols, middleware, networks, web services, wireless applications, control systems, business information systems, embedded and real-time software, etc.
• Combinations of different testing techniques: In particular combination of techniques for the automated generation of test data
• Tools and methods: Automated support of any of the testing activities, rigid testing processes, test-driven development, sound metrics and measurements
• Case studies: Case studies and industrial applications involving qualified empirical evaluations
== General Chairs ==
• Nina Yevtushenko, Tomsk State University, Russia
• Ana R. Cavalli, MinTelecom/Montimage, France
• Husnu Yenigun, Sabanci University (Istanbul), Turkey
== Important Dates ==
• Tuesday, May 2, 2017: Deadline for workshop proposal
• Monday, May 23, 2017: Deadline for submission of abstracts
• Monday, May 30, 2017: Deadline for submission of papers
• Friday, July 7, 2017: Author notification
• Friday, July 23, 2017: Camera-ready papers due
• October 9-11, 2017: ICTSS 2017 (St-Petersburg, Russia)
More information can be found in the website: http://www.ictss2017.org and on the official social media channels: http://facebook.com/ictss2017/ and http://twitter.com/ictss2017.