All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
##ICST 2018: CALL FOR PAPERS
###The 11th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation (ICST 2018)
####9-13 April 2018, Västerås, Sweden
ICST 2018 invites high quality submissions in all areas of software testing, verification, and valuation. Papers for the research track should present novel and original work that pushes the state-of-the-art in software testing, verification, and validation. Case studies and empirical research papers are also welcome.
Topics of interest include, but is not limited to, the following (in alphabetic order):
- Empirical Studies
- Experience Reports
- Formal Verification
- Model Based Testing
- Model Checking
- Search Based Software Testing
- Security Testing
- Software Reliability
- Testability and Design
- Testing and Development Processes
- Testing Education
- Testing in specific domains, such as mobile, web, embedded, concurrent, distributed, cloud, and real-time systems
- Testing/Debugging Tools
- Theory of Software Testing
The ICST Industry track focuses on the same topics and values the same rigor as the research track, yet papers featured in the industry track are distinct. What sets the industry track apart is that it values impact and realism over novelty. We expect that findings from industry track publications have the potential to impact practice in the 0-2 year range. Ideally they should have been evaluated on real-world, industrial data and discuss issues like scalability, costs and strategies for introduction in practice, and advancement compared to existing industrial best practice. The industry track papers have the same length limitations as research track papers and will be published in the ICST 2018 proceedings and listed by IEEE databases.
The symposium invites PhD students at all stages of their studies, from the first year students to those ready for their final dissertation defense. Benefits include feedbacks from a panel of senior researchers, networking with supportive researchers and potential collaborators, insightful keynote presentations, and lots of fun! A limited number of travel grants will be available.
We will invite authors of the best papers presented at ICST 2018 to extend and submit their work to a special issue of Journal of Software Testing, Verification, and Reliability (STVR). Both research and industry track papers are eligible and the final selection is made by the PC.
###Workshops, Other Tracks and Events at ICST 2018
ICST 2018 will also host the following tracks and events:
- Tools and Demo track, to explain and showcase practical tools
- Free tutorials targetted for impact in industry and practice
- Workshops on specific areas related to testing, validation, and verification
###How to Submit
Full Research Papers as well as Industry papers must conform to the two-column IEEE conference publication format. Templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word are available from [http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html](http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html): please use the `letter` format template and `conference` option.
Papers should be submitted in the PDF format: they must not exceed ten pages, plus up to two pages of references. Submissions will be handled via EasyChair [http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icst2018](http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icst2018).
ICST 2018 is adopting Double Blind Reviewing: submissions should not reveal the identity of author(s) in any way: names and affiliations should be left out. Authors should also ensure that citations to their own work are written in third person (i.e. do not write "our previous work"; use "the previous work of X"). Please contact the Program Co-chairs if you have any further question about the DBR process.
**Research and Industry track:**
- October 5th 2017: Submission of Abstract
- October 12th 2017: Submisson of the Full Research Papers
- December 18th 2017: Author Notification
- January 31st 2018: Submission Deadline
- September 8th 2017: Proposals submitted
- January 12th 2018: Workshop papers submitted
- Hans Hansson, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Robert Feldt, Chalmers University and Blekinge Inst. of Technology, Sweden
- Shin Yoo, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea
- Daniel Sundmark, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Stig Larsson, RISE SICS Västerås, Sweden
- Richard Torkar, Chalmers University/University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Gregory Gay, University of South Carolina, USA
- Mike Papadakis, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
**PhD Symposium Chairs**
- David Binkley, Loyola University Baltimore, USA
- Arpad Beszedes, University of Szeged, Hungary
**Testing tools, demonstrations and artefacts track chairs**
- Wasif Afzal, Mälardalen University, Sweden
- Francisco Gomes, Chalmers and the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- René Just, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA