All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2020
ICSSP 2020 will be co-located with ICSE 2020 in Seoul, South Korea and held on May 23 and 24, 2020. As a special treat, ICSSP will hold a joint social event with the International Conference on Global Software Engineering (ICGSE) on Sunday, May 24. The ICSSP 2020 conference website can be accessed at http://dbsi.hdu.edu.cn/icssp2020/. The detailed submission instructions will be available soon on the ICSSP 2020 website.
Techniques under the general heading of artificial intelligence (AI) are transforming many industries. Software development and evolution is no exception. These techniques including (but not limited to) Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) are redefining how developers build software products. ML and DL are accelerating contemporary software development lifecycles by analyzing huge amounts of data produced and consumed throughout the process.
Concurrently, hardware provisioning is undergoing fundamental changes. We now see the rise of serverless infrastructure provisioning and a move towards pay-per-use hardware with the invention of microservices and Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) technology. AI and serverless hardware provisioning are rising trends that warrant careful software and systems process attention. AI can be an aid to software and systems processes, while software and system processes are required to build AI-based systems. This raises an important question for our field: How will human intelligence be supported and augmented by machine intelligence? With automated toolchains and cloud-based hardware provisioning paradigms driving more rapid and continuous integration and delivery, how will this combination of process, technology and people improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of software and systems development?
ICSSP 2020 is seeking contributions on research, practice, and compelling new ideas pertaining,
but not limited, to the following topics:
• Software and systems processes for AI-based systems
• AI for general software and systems processes
• General software process related studies and research reports
• Measurement for hybrid and evolving processes
• The impact of serverless infrastructure on software and systems processes
• Empirical studies and experience reports on agile or hybrid processes
• Factors affecting selection, design, adoption, management and success of hybrid
• Continuous integration and deployment for serverless infrastructure
• Function-as-a-Service software and systems processes
• Impacts of special requirements such as high safety/reliability, globally distributed
development, continuous integration, and others
• Evolution or transformation of organizations
• Enterprise processes for advanced development paradigms such as agile, lean, DevOps or
• Data science for analysis and management of hybrid and evolving processes
All accepted papers will be included in the ICSSP Proceedings, which will be published as part
of the ICSE companion proceedings. In addition, a selection of the best papers from the ICSSP
2020 conference will appear in a special issue of the Journal of Software Evolution and Process.
We invite the following submissions:
Full papers (10 pages including references) that reflect completed and evaluated research on novel
approaches to major software and systems engineering process challenges, especially relating to
synergies of AI, serverless, and software and systems Processes. Enhanced versions of the best
research papers will be included in a special issue of the Journal of Software: Evolution and
Process. Full papers can also be industry experience papers that report and reflect on in-depth
experience, potentially including challenges, solutions, lessons, and recommendations, of
significance for the research and practice communities.
Short papers (5 pages including references) that present concise research results, describe work-
in-progress (e.g. Ph. D. research), or conceptual and position papers addressing new perspectives, open questions and future directions. Short papers can also be industrial papers, for instance,
describing practical challenges or research needs motivated by experience.
Posters (2 pages extended abstract (including references) + DIN A2 poster draft) for research or
industry experience that is not yet ready for publication as a paper, but nevertheless would be of
interest to other researchers in terms of ideas, participation, or collaboration.
Doctoral Track papers: The detailed submission instructions is coming soon in a separate
Doctoral Symposium Track Call for Submission.
• 23-24 May 2020 Conference dates
• Fri 6 Mar 2020 Camera-ready copies due (All)
• Fri 21 Feb 2020 Notification to authors (All)
• Fri 24 Jan 2020 Full papers due (Main Track), letter of support for Doctoral Track
• Fri 17 Jan 2020 Abstracts due (Main Track & Doctoral Track)
• Co-General Chairs: David Raffo (USA), LiGuo Huang(USA)
• PC Co-Chairs: Eray Tuzun (Turkey), Paul Clarke (Ireland)
• Local Arrangement Chair: Tao Yue (China)
• Doctoral Symposium Chair: Guoping Rong (China)
• Panel Chair: Ita Richardson (Ireland)
• Publicity Chair: Reda Bendraou (France)
• Web Co-Chairs: Dongjin Yu (China), Xin Chen (China)