All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
## Co-located With World Cities Summit and an official event of France Singapore Year of Innovation.
## Best papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of MDPI's Sensor Journal, Impact Factor 2.677
This year we are organizing the 16th ICOST conference which succeeded in bringing together a community from different continents over more than a decade and a half and raised the awareness of frail and dependent people's quality of life in our societies.
After fifteen very successful conferences held in France (2003), Singapore (2004), Canada (2005), Northern Ireland (2006), Japan (2007), USA (2008), France (2009), Korea (2010), Canada (2011), Italy (2012), Singapore (2013), USA (2014), Switzerland (2015), China (2016) and France (2017), the 16th International Conference on Smart homes, Assistive Technologies and Health Telematics will be hosted in Singapore, from 10th to 12th July 2018. This year the conference is co-located with the World Cities Summit event in Singapore and is considered as an official event of the France Singapore Year of Innovation.
ICOST provides a premier venue for the presentation and discussion of research in the design, development, deployment, and evaluation of Smart Urban Environments, Assistive Technologies, Chronic Disease Management, Coaching and Health Telematics systems. ICOST brings together stakeholders from clinical, academic and industrial perspectives along with end users and family caregivers to explore how to utilize technologies to foster independent living and offer an enhanced quality of life. ICOST 2018 invites participants to present and discuss their experience in design, development, deployment, and evaluation of assistive and telehealth systems, as well as ethical and policy issues. The conference features a dynamic program incorporating a range of technical, clinical and industrial related keynote speakers, oral and poster presentations along with demonstrations and technical exhibits.
We look forward to welcoming you to ICOST2018 in Singapore!
## Submission Guidelines ##
There will be a combination of presentations including scientific papers, posters, exhibits, and technology demonstrations.
## Papers Submission ##
Submitted papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. Prospective authors are invited, in the first instance, to submit papers for oral presentation in any of the areas of interest for this conference as well as proposals for Special Sessions. The submission for evaluation should be in the form of a 12 pages paper written in English.
Accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings to be published by Springer.
Submitted papers shall not exceed 12 pages and must follow the guidelines found on the conference website http://www.icostconference.org/authorinstructions.html.
Submission: Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF or RTF/DOC format at the following address: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icost2018
## Opportunities ##
Selected best papers will be nominated for publication in a special issue of MDPI's Open Access "Sensors Journal", Impact Factor 2.677 (2016)
Volumes published as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series are indexed by the EI Engineering Index (Compendex and Inspec databases), and ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S), included in ISI Web of Science.
ICOST Conference is also ranked by the Computing Research and Education (CORE) Conference portal.
## Demonstration Proposals Submission ##
Researchers and industrial with significant contributions in the areas of smart cities, urban design, smart homes, health telematics, chronic disease management and assistive technologies are encouraged to participate and present research prototypes or innovative systems to ICOST participants. ICOST 2018 invites interested researchers and industrial to send a description of the system that will be demonstrated and a short presentation of the research teams/industrial involved in the demo. The description should be limited to one page and should be submitted to: icost2018 -at- easychair.org.
Authors interested to provide a short demonstration in conjunction with paper presentations should append a section in their papers with heading: ‘demonstration description’ detailing the scenario to be demonstrated.
Organization committee will review the proposals and select a limited number of demos due to the available space constraint. ICOST will provide free space for nominated demos pending that presenters are registered as regular participants to the conference. Demos’ presenters will be responsible for bringing and setting up any computer equipment needed for the demo.
## List of Topics ##
In regards to HORIZON 2020, each year, ICOST has a specific theme. The theme chosen for 2018 will focus on Urban Living Environment and inclusion of frail people in our societies. ICOST 2018 is especially interested in receiving submissions, focused on IoT and AI technologies integration and application in the urban environment for Enhanced Wellbeing and Health. Design and evaluation of social impact will also be covered during this edition. Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Intelligent Environments: Smart Urban Spaces and new Assistive Living Space Concepts in the Smart City
- Internet of Things for smart environments and e-Health
- Technology design in the Smart City
- Public health and urban Data Collection and Processing
- Artificial Intelligent for Participatory and Personalized Health
- Urban design for wellbeing and e-health
- Participatory Telehealth in the Smart City
- Future Smart Cities for wellbeing
- Translational medicine for Wellbeing
- Persuasive and Supportive Mobile and e-Health
- E-Health and Chronic Diseases Management
- Assistive Technology for ageing and dependent people
- E-Health and Therapeutic Education
- Coaching and Serious Gaming for e-Health
- Virtual personal assistant for e-Health
- Personal Robotics and Smart Wheelchairs
- Human Factors, Ethics and Usability for Persons with Cognitive Impairments, including seniors and persons with disabilities of all ages
- Modeling of Physical and Conceptual Information in Intelligent Environments
- Cognitive technologies across the lifespan and functional abilities
- Tele-Assistance and Tele-Rehabilitation
- Protective systems/devices against common and emerging infectious diseases
- Smart Homes / Home Networks / Residential Gateways
- Middleware Support for Smart Home and Health Telematic Services
- Wearable Sensors / Integrated Micro/Nano Systems / Home Health Monitoring
- Context Awareness / Autonomous Computing
- Human-Machine Interface / Ambient Intelligence
- Social acceptance / Privacy / Security Issues
- Health Technology Assessment and Impact Analysis
- Policy and Guidelines for Public Health 2.0 and Quality of Life in Smart City
- Health in All Policies (HiAP)
ICOST 2018 invites participants to present and discuss their experiences in the design, development, deployment and evaluation of technologies that demonstrate significant contributions in the areas of smart cities, smart homes, health telematics, chronic disease management and assistive technologies focused on indoor living spaces (e.g., homes, nursing homes and assistive living facilities) as well as the outdoors (e.g., urban smart spaces or the entire smart city). ICOST 2018 will provide a dynamic program which will incorporate a range of technical, clinical and industrial related international keynote speeches, panels, and oral and poster presentations along with demonstrations and technical exhibits.
Proposals for special sessions or plenary panels addressing any of the following specific topics are especially welcome:
- Studies detailing large-scale service deployment and impact evaluation
- The application of cost-effective and readily available ‘everyday’ technologies to support elders, people with chronic conditions and others with cognitive disabilities at home, school, work or play
- Health economic evaluation of technology-based solutions
- Challenges for truly ‘smart living environments and inclusive communities
Societal impact and policy formulation
- Technology solutions to inspire policymakers
## Contact ##
All questions about submissions should be emailed to icost2018 -at- easychair.org