All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2014
*CALL FOR PAPER*
HCSE 2014 - 5th International Conference on Human-Centered Software Engineering
IFIP Working Group 13.2: Methodologies for User-Centered Systems Design
September 16-18, 2014 - Paderborn, Germany
Submission deadline: April 07, 2014
*HCSE* is a working conference that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in strengthening the scientific foundations of user interface design, examining the relationship between software engineering and human-computer interaction and on how to strengthen human-centered design as an essential part of software engineering processes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Integration of software engineering and user-centered design
- HCI models and model-driven engineering
- Incorporating guidelines and principles for designing usable products in the development process
- Usability engineering
- Methods for user interface design
- Patterns in HCI and HCSE
- Software architectures for user interfaces
- User interfaces for special environments
- Representations for design in the development process
- Working with iterative and agile process models in HCSE
- Social and organizational aspects in the software development lifecycle
- Human-centric software development tools
- User profiles and mental models
- User requirements and design constraints
- User experience and software design
- Case studies, evaluations, and tools
Submissions are solicited in the following categories:
*Research full papers* (up to 18 pages) should describe substantial contributions of novel ongoing work that has produced advanced results including validation of results.
*Short papers* (up to 8 pages) should present practice and experience reports containing good (and bad) practices and/or to present practical evaluations of methods, techniques and tools.
*Demonstration submissions* (up to 4 pages) should present late breaking results related to the use of innovative tools. Papers should provide description of tools including user tasks and evidence of use to end-users.
The submission and review process is managed in EasyChair using the installation: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hcse2014
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. Accepted research full and short papers will be published in print and electronically in the conference proceedings.
Proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. All submissions must be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format.
April 07, 2014 Abstract submission
April 16, 2014 Submission for all tracks
June 09, 2014 Author notification
July 04, 2014 Final paper submission
*VENUE AND ORGANIZATION*
HCSE 2014 will be held at the Heinz Nixdorf MuseumsForum (www.hnf.de/en/), a modern conference center also hosting the world's largest computer museum!
General Conference Chair:
Stefan Sauer, University of Paderborn, Germany
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Peter Forbrig, University of Rostock, Germany
Cristian Bogdan, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
User Experience Chair:
Regina Bernhaupt, University of Toulouse, France
Marco Winckler, University of Toulouse, France
Holger Fischer, University of Paderborn, Germany