All CFPs on WikiCFP
Present CFP : 2018
[ Apologies for cross-postings / Please send to interested colleagues and students ]
*CALL FOR PAPERS*
HCSE 2018 - 7th International Conference on Human-Centered Software Engineering
Organized by the by the IFIP Working Group 13.2: Methodologies for User-Centered Systems Design
September 3th - 5th, 2018 - Nice, France
All tracks submission deadline: April 4th, 2018
*HCSE* is a working conference that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in strengthening the scientific foundations of user interface design, examining the relationship between software engineering and human-computer interaction and on how to strengthen human-centered design as an essential part of software engineering processes.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* contributions to the theory and best practices of user-centered design
* design and architectural patterns for interactive systems
* involvement of end-users, clients and stakeholders in the development process of interactive systems
* innovative methods for identifying end-user requirements for interactive systems
* integration of user experience (and any other user interface property) in development processes
* methods for designing, building and assessing interactive systems beyond the desktop (e.g. the living room, ubiquitous and multi-display, cockpits, etc.)
* models and model-based approaches for building interactive systems
* integration of multiple properties (e.g. usability, security, reliability, user experience, privacy, accessibility, etc.) in software development
* socio-technical aspects of interactive software development
* software architectures for interactive systems
* design rationale and traceability of design choices.
Submissions are solicited in the following categories:
*Research full papers* (up to 20 pages) should describe substantial research contributions of novel work that has produced advanced results including validation of results.
*Late breaking results* (up to 12 pages) are short papers that present work in progress, new practice and experience reports containing good (and bad) practices and/or recent practical evaluations of methods, techniques and tools.
*Demonstrations and posters* (5-8 pages) should present ongoing work and/or late breaking results related to the use of innovative tools and cutting-edge systems not described in detail in other paper submissions. Demonstration papers should provide description of tools including user tasks and evidence of use by end-users. Demo submissions should summarize the system’s significance and its performance and should include either (or both) screenshots or link to an online-accessible resource. The poster design draft should show the planned design and content of the poster that will be presented at the conference. Industry contributions to demos and posters are particularly welcome and highly encouraged.
The submission and review process is managed in EasyChair using the installation: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hcse2018
All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the program committee. Accepted research full and short papers will be published in print and electronically in the conference proceedings.
Proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. All submissions must be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format.
April 4th, 2018 Submission for all tracks
June 1st, 2018 Author notification
June 29th, 2018 Final paper submission
*VENUE AND ORGANIZATION*
HCSE 2018 will be held at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France which belongs to Nice Côte d’Azur Université. (http://unice.fr/).
General Conference Chair:
Marco Winckler (Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, Polytech), France
Kati Kuusinen, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Cristian Bogdan, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Marta Kristín Lárusdóttir, Reykjavik University, Iceland
Philippe Palanque, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
User Experience Chair:
Regina Bernhaupt, University of Toulouse, France
Marco Winckler, University of Toulouse, France
Local Organization Chair:
Anne-Marie Pina-Dery, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
Philippe Renevier Gonin, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis